Is a person's scheduled day off counted towards the 3 day occurence policy?

Furen

An Emergency has come up and I plan to miss 4 days of work. I know I got a write up coming for it and I'll take it, but what I want to know is if my scheduled day off is Monday and I take Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off, will I still need a doctors note to return? Does Monday count since I'm normally off for Mondays anyway?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
An Emergency has come up and I plan to miss 4 days of work. I know I got a write up coming for it and I'll take it, but what I want to know is if my scheduled day off is Monday and I take Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off, will I still need a doctors note to return? Does Monday count since I'm normally off for Mondays anyway?
yes

Jkloc420

monday dont count but your missing more then two days so you need some kind of excuse unless you call and explain your emergency to someone. However i would still get an excuse

542thruNthru

Where are you?

Here it's a doc note after 5 days.

Furen

monday dont count but your missing more then two days so you need some kind of excuse unless you call and explain your emergency to someone. However i would still get an excuse

I plan to call in Tuesday and let someone know I won't be in. I'm not sure but I don't think the other days I need to call in. I think that each counts as a call in after that if i'm not mistaken.

Jkloc420

I plan to call in Tuesday and let someone know I won't be in. I'm not sure but I don't think the other days I need to call in. I think that each counts as a call in after that if i'm not mistaken.
you call off and usually the second day is free, it counts as one accurance

542thruNthru

Western Region, Southwest Package rider, Local 396

See this is why people should read their contract. Let me guess someone told you one time that you need a doc note after 3 days and you took it as fact.

This ones for free...
Screenshot_20191012-133637_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Now don't be a lazy uninformed member and download your contract here
NATIONAL MASTER UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT

And read it.

clean hairy

As I understand it, you have to botify each day you miss, when you return on Friday, you will be required to provide DR retirn to work.
It then counts as 1 occurance for those 3 days.

Jkloc420

542thruNthru

Nope. Man it chaps their ass too. Last time I called in they threatened a warning letter because I hadn’t told them “WHY” the last 4 times I called in.

That didn’t make it far lol

Some areas don't have "sick days" so I thought maybe he had to give a excuse for different reasons.

542thruNthru

Western Region, Southwest Package rider, Local 396

See this is why people should read their contract. Let me guess someone told you one time that you need a doc note after 3 days and you took it as fact.

This ones for free...
View attachment 267662
Now don't be a lazy uninformed member and download your contract here
NATIONAL MASTER UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT

And read it.

I just realized this is the 2nd time I've done this for you.

Question about working 5 days with a sick day

I guess you didn't take my advice last time. Lol