Is Anyone Out There Getting Busier??

mdlz19

Are any of you guys seeing an increase in your number of stops or number of packages? It sounds like some guys are seeing it and i just wanted to see if you are.

Anything getting shipped a lot? I've heard Dell and products from Snapfish.

Thanks everyone

helenofcalifornia

We are consistently running about two more trucks these days. And for one day, I got to run my own route with my own stops. Didn't have have of someone else's route, nothing. It was nice. I think we are making SLOW improvements.

slantnosechevy

Slow in the midwest due to the auto and steel industry. There's going to be a slight rise nationwide as the months go on. It has to because of stimulus and bailouts. The rise we see will unfortunately be short term because their isn't any new industry coming to the U.S to put people to work. This recession/depression will last another 7-10 years with peaks and valleys. Unless someone starts a war.

things2auction

Things have slowly been getting busier for us. This week we have had 1-2 extra trailers per day, and next week our pre-load start time is moving earlier.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The only saving grace is LLBEAN, which added 5-6k mostly smalls a night.

I work in a very large and busy hub, so if anything picks up it would be here first then trickle down. Haven't seen it at all - very steady but low volume, sending people home, etc. part-timers leaving before 3.5.

jennie

The only saving grace is LLBEAN, which added 5-6k mostly smalls a night.

I work in a very large and busy hub, so if anything picks up it would be here first then trickle down. Haven't seen it at all - very steady but low volume, sending people home, etc. part-timers leaving before 3.5.

I am part time, and I am so happy that I do get 3 1/2 and sometimes more. I work where all of sort goes home and then we get all at last minute, which for me is great. Gotta love Zappos, lots of stores at the Mall, and those envelopes :) (in Jersey it does not look like a recession):pet:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, as I put on weight I find myself getting bustier.

Oh, busier?

NEVERMIND !! :dissapointed:
That doesnt work for me Moreluck, it all goes to my gut!!
And yes it has been peak at my center for over a year. We are not participating in the recession.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL Tooner, I have the same problem.

As far as getting busier........................I am #6 from the bottom of the list and am on lay off next week for the first time. Works for me. :happy2:

That doesnt work for me Moreluck, it all goes to my gut!!
And yes it has been peak at my center for over a year. We are not participating in the recession.

Tooner.....are you sure about that volume. I don't think they would have dismantled the North Ohio District if the volume was there. How sad, over 50 yrs and now no home to refer to. :sad-little:

brownrodster

Last year was great. Although volume decreased our stop counts increased drastically. No joke every package on your truck could be a different stop last year. This year is different as both volume and stops are down. We've cut 5 routes. Lowest seniority drivers never know if they are working from day to day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Tooner.....are you sure about that volume. I don't think they would have dismantled the North Ohio District if the volume was there. How sad, over 50 yrs and now no home to refer to. :sad-little:

The consolidation of the Districts and Regions had more to do with the effects of technology and product stabilization increasing the "span of control" for the District Staff.
If the volume was stable or even up, these would have still occurred.

flht

:surprised:
Slow in the midwest due to the auto and steel industry. There's going to be a slight rise nationwide as the months go on. It has to because of stimulus and bailouts. The rise we see will unfortunately be short term because their isn't any new industry coming to the U.S to put people to work. This recession/depression will last another 7-10 years with peaks and valleys. Unless someone starts a war.

What's Iraq and Afghanistan? A skirmish. We are at war **!!

Last edited by a moderator:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That is awful.
I dont know about actual numbers, they tell us it is down. I just know my truck rarely gets work from other areas, its always stuffed, and I dont notice anymore people laid off than the newer guys who for the first few months usually are, or back on preload. And I rarely if ever get done before 730pm.