Is buying water at a truck stop "time theft"?

quad decade guy

It has been documented that say- buying chips and a hotdog is theft....would buying water, chips and a hotdog be too?

So, you would be able to buy water after fueling....but have to go back to the feeder to punch out for the hotdog and chips? IMO...yes.

Would mgt be that petty....you bet! All this given running out of water on road....

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It has been documented that say- buying chips and a hotdog is theft....would buying water, chips and a hotdog be too?

So, you would be able to buy water after fueling....but have to go back to the feeder to punch out for the hotdog and chips? IMO...yes.

Would mgt be that petty....you bet! All this given running out of water on road....
Only if your not willing to stick up for yourself.

Last edited:

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

I wouldn’t know. I don’t but weiners.

quad decade guy

Only if your not willing to stick up for yourself.
Hi, could you clarify your statement? Which part?

As written.....I interpret you saying "As long as you "stick up for yourself" means buying anything at a truck stop on the clock is not time theft but in fact your right?

Again because of it's vagueness(your statement). What theory or contract language shall I quote? As written, what does "stick up for yourself" mean? Something like: "Did you buy that food on the clock?" You: "Yeah. So?""It is my right". Again, you didn't clarify so I'm assuming your statement applies to my title and content.
I wouldn’t know. I don’t but weiners.
I did say chips. Would "anything but hydrating liquids" be more specific? Assuming your "but" is a typo...

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Hi, could you clarify your statement? Which part?

As written.....I interpret you saying "As long as you "stick up for yourself" means buying anything at a truck stop on the clock is not time theft but in fact your right?

Again because of it's vagueness(your statement). What theory or contract language shall I quote? As written, what does "stick up for yourself" mean? Something like: "Did you buy that food on the clock?" You: "Yeah. So?""It is my right". Again, you didn't clarify so I'm assuming your statement applies to my title and content.

I did say chips. Would "anything but hydrating liquids" be more specific? Assuming your "but" is a typo...
No not a typo I just assume that you but weiners.

nWo

Don't hit stop complete until after you checkout. You had to wait in line to get the clerks last name anyway.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

You don’t seem to work for UPS anymore. Most buildings, departments, and shifts are short handed. No one is getting fired for buying a hot dog and chips while they fuel up. They don’t have enough employees as is, especially feeder drivers.

trotsky

You don’t seem to work for UPS anymore. Most buildings, departments, and shifts are short handed. No one is getting fired for buying a hot dog and chips while they fuel up. They don’t have enough employees as is, especially feeder drivers.
Yeah, more like a "working suspension" will be doled out, if they want to make an example out of someone and create buzz on a topic

oldngray

nowhere special
No way they would care if you took a couple of minutes. Only a problem would be if you tried to stretch it to another mini lunch.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

If you're doing anything more than using the restroom code it out. If you're buying water, chips, hotdogs, or whatever and you don't code that time as break you can be fired and it will stick. In my last year at work I saw a 30-year feeder driver fired for this exact issue and he lost at panel, last I heard he was driving a school bus.

quad decade guy

Sure do.
Yeah, more like a "working suspension" will be doled out, if they want to make an example out of someone and create buzz on a topic
Maybe.
No way they would care if you took a couple of minutes. Only a problem would be if you tried to stretch it to another mini lunch.
Certainly not the case in my experience. Have seen(my very eyes) folks fired(stuck) for playing slots on a bathroom stop.
Are you saying....stealing time is now accepted do to lack of staffing? If so, how about playing slot machines? Lot lizards? How about buying a scratch off lottery ticket?

See?

Absurd? Hardly.

Say, why do you think we have GPS, in-cab cameras, building cameras and all the rest?

And...when the staffing comes back to normal....it won't be ok to steal time?

quad decade guy

If you're doing anything more than using the restroom code it out. If you're buying water, chips, hotdogs, or whatever and you don't code that time as break you can be fired and it will stick. In my last year at work I saw a 30-year feeder driver fired for this exact issue and he lost at panel, last I heard he was driving a school bus.
Bravo!

I will still question the water. As we are paid to drink water and what it takes to in say a hub or even refilling a gallon jug on area(pkg)(hub). If your only option is to put a buck in a machine....? Water now. Gatorade perhaps. Thanks.

quad decade guy

How long is the line inside?

lots of details left out

🧔‍♂️✊
Well, it doesn't matter....right? stealing is stealing......right? I'm trying to define how water would be treated as it is necessary. Should we punch out to buy it if we need it and we must be allowed to drink water/hydrate.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well, it doesn't matter....right? stealing is stealing......right? I'm trying to define how water would be treated as it is necessary. Should we punch out to buy it if we need it and we must be allowed to drink water/hydrate.
SMH
Is this reallywhat goes on in your head
You’ve been here 40 years yet you act like you just started yesterday

Not bullying not really sure what you call it

Cowboy Mac

Not true. We just had 2 feeder drivers in my local fired for doing that. They got their job back though.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’m a RPCD , I keep a case of water in my truck. PLAN AHEAD
🧔‍♂️✊

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t view this as theft but, I am certain that many management people at UPS would.

I am pretty sure some reasonable management people might not but they would turn on you in a second if their higher ups thought differently.

That is what I would do.
Would mgt be that petty....you bet!
I agree.
All this given running out of water on road....
Is this a chronic problem for most? It is not for me.