Is full time sup a wasted position at UPS?

Needle Ran

All I ever see these guys doing is messing about or yelling at the new hires because they know they can't fight back before they hit union.

God forbid they ever lifted a package for Christ sake.

Seems like they could save a :censored2: load of cash by just wiping the whole position out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I, Pikachu challenge you!

Pikachu_OS_anime.png

PT Car Washer

I think I remember years ago they did remove all FT sups from the sorts. All PT sups and a manager. With all the Division and District consolidations there was a ton of left over FT sups and managers. Had to do something with them.

All I ever see these guys doing is messing about or yelling at the new hires because they know they can't fight back before they hit union.

Seems like they could save a :censored2: load of cash by just wiping the whole position out.
I agree with your "if Sups ever lifted a package" statement. Let's be real, we wouldn't want them to break a nail now would we?

Needle Ran

I agree with your "if Sups ever lifted a package" statement. Let's be real, we wouldn't want them to break a nail now would we?
And I hear the fulltimers on the load end simply salt the hell out of the new hires that they're not fond of until they reach the 5th one so they can fire them.

Classy.

Needle Ran

I could understand it if they covered two sorts, kind of an Art. 22.3 supervisor, but most only cover one sort.
I always assumed they covered 2 like afternoon and night sort for example.

I only came to that because I had an issue at my hub and my fulltimer called me from the cell they give them for use in the hub like 4 hours before our sort started, so I assumed he was working, but I could be wrong.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Never understood why there's sups that do this. Don't they realized how difficult those new guys can make their job once they do hit union?