Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed ppl?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Re: Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed pp

This is what I see your post break down to.

Are you saying we only get paid because of PTers hard work? Or is it based on what FTers do for a living?
Loosely translated, the OP was stating he couldn't unload his way out of a paper bag, and thus trashing everyone else who he feels doesn't work as hard as himself.

ups hero

If the contract doesn't give them a raise or more pork they won't support it. If the contract gives part timers more pork than them its a problem, but if they get more pork its an all out yes and harassing and brainwashing part timers to vote yes. I'm voting yes on this contract. Although its only a .50 cent raise, its still something. What you want us to do, vote that down and we will get NOTHING on the next contract while you fulltimers get all the pork off the sweat of the parttimers that the lying union subsidize from us to compensate the fulltimers. I'm only 19 yrs old and I I'm not eligible for any fulltime job at UPS, so I can wait. So if this contract makes you cannot retire, then so be it. You have to take some L with the W too.

I don't follow??

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Re: Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed pp

you're very typical. Always using the straw man, always taking people's text out of context to support your selfish little arrogant argument. I said most part timers are lazy which is the truth. Everything that I've said is the truth. It seems like you're having a hard time coping with reality and bashing those who fling it at you to the fullest.

If the contract doesn't give them a raise or more pork they won't support it. If the contract gives part timers more pork than them its a problem, but if they get more pork its an all out yes and harassing and brainwashing part timers to vote yes. I'm voting yes on this contract. Although its only a .50 cent raise, its still something. What you want us to do, vote that down and we will get NOTHING on the next contract while you fulltimers get all the pork off the sweat of the parttimers that the lying union subsidize from us to compensate the fulltimers. I'm only 19 yrs old and I I'm not eligible for any fulltime job at UPS, so I can wait. So if this contract makes you cannot retire, then so be it. You have to take some L with the W too.

DUDE

Since you're 19, I'm going to take it easy on you.
You have no idea, let alone can comprehend, what full-timers do from your point-of-view working in a trailer for 3 months !

The responsibility alone is worth what you are paid, then you tack on the 10 hours of hard labor on top of the mandatory harassment from ties.
That's something you don't understand from unloading/loading a trailer in your first 3 months.

Plus young jedi, MOST full timers WERE PART TIMERS. We remember sweating through our clothes, the pain from constant package moving, the breakneck pace of that moving belt.
When you wear out that first pair of gloves and need to buy some new boots, YOU'RE NOT THERE YET
When you've been at your building for 3 years, and you only have 10 people below your seniority, YOU'RE STILL NOT THERE
When you get your first warning letter, file your first grievance, get lied to by your supervisor, YOU'RE GETTING WARM, BUT NOT THERE

Most full time drivers (package and feeders) put on their first browns before you were born !!!!
You got spirit kid, but don't forget WE walked in your boots unloading and sorting before you were a twinkle in your dad's eye !!!

Keep up the strong work ethic and one day you will see !!!

jaker

trolling

I love how most of these PT's forget we was doing the same job as they do now

BrownDooDoo

I guess I'm the only one whose just happy to have a year round job that has any type of progression possibilities at ALL......I've never gotten paid more than 8.00/hr and started here at 8.50. In 20 or so days, I'll be at 9.50, and if my SUP stays true to his word and moves me to the load belt I'll be at 10.50.........

I've never even been close to 10/hr before! Who cares if it's part time or not..........Yeah it's hard....but everything is hard in one way or another. I just look at it like this: I have no choice. If I start to really, really hate it, then it's up to me to change it. Not sit around bitching at it. My hands are injured, my fingers are ALL jacked up and I'm pretty sure I have sprains in my wrists from trying to work the pick off belts. But I still don't bitch at work I just get it done and leave!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I guess I'm the only one whose just happy to have a year round job that has any type of progression possibilities at ALL......I've never gotten paid more than 8.00/hr and started here at 8.50. In 20 or so days, I'll be at 9.50, and if my SUP stays true to his word and moves me to the load belt I'll be at 10.50.........

I've never even been close to 10/hr before! Who cares if it's part time or not..........Yeah it's hard....but everything is hard in one way or another. I just look at it like this: I have no choice. If I start to really, really hate it then it's up to me to change it. Not sit around bitching at it. My hands are injured, my fingers are ALL jacked up and I'm pretty sure I have sprains in my wrists from trying to work the pick off belts. But I still don't bitch at work I just get it done and leave!
:goodpost:

curiousbrain

I've never even been close to 10/hr before! Who cares if it's part time or not..........Yeah it's hard....but everything is hard in one way or another. I just look at it like this: I have no choice. If I start to really, really hate it, then it's up to me to change it. Not sit around bitching at it. My hands are injured, my fingers are ALL jacked up and I'm pretty sure I have sprains in my wrists from trying to work the pick off belts. But I still don't bitch at work I just get it done and leave!

Give it a few years, son, and you will be singing a very, very different tune.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BB58, did you know that you can click on the "like" button rather than quote a post just to show that you like it?

BrownDooDoo

Give it a few years, son, and you will be singing a very, very different tune.

Not necessarily. I mean yes I am new to the job, and already can see how some people would get fed up with it. But I personally just try to stay as positive as possible. Like I said, I'm the type to get up and change something if I really cant stand it at all, not sit around complaining. I might complain, but it's for the purpose of thinking up a plan of action, not just because I want to cry and moan and have people feel sorry for me. Not saying you or anyone else does that, I'm just being general.

This is my situation....I needed a car. When I got hired at UPS, I ran out and signed up for 6 years of payments thinking, "I work at UPS now, I'm fine".

If I didn't have this payment, I probably would have quit, but now I literally cant until I find another job. Dk about your area, but in mine.....year round jobs are extremely hard to come by, full time or not. Let alone with benefits and a decent starting wage. I'm going to college, and working part time at UPS living at home with mom and dad at age 19. So maybe for a 30+ year old man with a full family and full set of bills to pay this job would suck, but for me it's doing ok.

My whole point of posting is just to say everyone should be more positive. Work sucks, life sucks, society now days sucks. The corporations write the laws we Americans live by and our environment is being completely destroyed, and our water and food is basically being poisoned. But the fact still remains that we have the choice: To live or to die. But it's more complicated than that. You can attempt to be as happy as you can and focus on all the good that you can pick out of every situation, or you can focus all on the negative and sit around bitching about it. That choice is up to you! I'd much rather stay as positive as I can, as often as I can. I guess the other alternative to those is suicide haha and hopefully none of us here would chose that one.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

BB58, did you know that you can click on the "like" button rather than quote a post just to show that you like it?
I did "like" his post. I also did enough ranting on this thread that I wanted to write something positive for that guy's post.

Indecisi0n

Are we getting life lessons from a 19 year old?

curiousbrain

Not necessarily. I mean yes I am new to the job, and already can see how some people would get fed up with it. But I personally just try to stay as positive as possible. Like I said, I'm the type to get up and change something if I really cant stand it at all, not sit around complaining. I might complain, but it's for the purpose of thinking up a plan of action, not just because I want to cry and moan and have people feel sorry for me. Not saying you or anyone else does that, I'm just being general.

This is my situation....I needed a car. When I got hired at UPS, I ran out and signed up for 6 years of payments thinking, "I work at UPS now, I'm fine".

If I didn't have this payment, I probably would have quit, but now I literally cant until I find another job. Dk about your area, but in mine.....year round jobs are extremely hard to come by, full time or not. Let alone with benefits and a decent starting wage. I'm going to college, and working part time at UPS living at home with mom and dad at age 19. So maybe for a 30+ year old man with a full family and full set of bills to pay this job would suck, but for me it's doing ok.

My whole point of posting is just to say everyone should be more positive. Work sucks, life sucks, society now days sucks. The corporations write the laws we Americans live by and our environment is being completely destroyed, and our water and food is basically being poisoned. But the fact still remains that we have the choice: To live or to die. But it's more complicated than that. You can attempt to be as happy as you can and focus on all the good that you can pick out of every situation, or you can focus all on the negative and sit around bitching about it. That choice is up to you! I'd much rather stay as positive as I can, as often as I can. I guess the other alternative to those is suicide haha and hopefully none of us here would chose that one.

You are an intelligent kid; I was once that, too.

Trust me, life has a way about it .. it grinds you down, changes you, and makes you realize that it's not about being positive, it's about survival - that's what this is, a game of survival. Do not kid yourself.

Good luck in the game of life.

DS

Fenderbender

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

BrownDooDoo

You are an intelligent kid; I was once that, too.

Trust me, life has a way about it .. it grinds you down, changes you, and makes you realize that it's not about being positive, it's about survival - that's what this is, a game of survival. Do not kid yourself.

Good luck in the game of life.

Yeah in all reality it sucks and I hate it. Just trying to con myself into believe that it's not like that I guess. I agree with you though. Life pretty much sucks! But I'd rather at least pretend to be or try to be happy. I always tell people whenever the revolution comes, if I'm alive and able I'll be ready to fight and die for it.

*And definitely no life lessons here lol. Not trying to come off as if I'm right and anyone else is wrong I was just sharing my opinion. Not meant to be taken as advice at all lol just meant to show you a different perception

DS

Fenderbender

Yes it is you and you a'int even know it.