Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed ppl?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Re: Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed pp

After reading all the eloquence, it is sad that only 36% voted. Im busy, busy, too, but I took the time to read, and know what I was voting on. For the most part. Its your job, to do it. Someone needs to tell those in the congress and the house also. You need to read then vote.

stink219

DUDE

Since you're 19, I'm going to take it easy on you.
You have no idea, let alone can comprehend, what full-timers do from your point-of-view working in a trailer for 3 months !

The responsibility alone is worth what you are paid, then you tack on the 10 hours of hard labor on top of the mandatory harassment from ties.
That's something you don't understand from unloading/loading a trailer in your first 3 months.

Plus young jedi, MOST full timers WERE PART TIMERS. We remember sweating through our clothes, the pain from constant package moving, the breakneck pace of that moving belt.
When you wear out that first pair of gloves and need to buy some new boots, YOU'RE NOT THERE YET
When you've been at your building for 3 years, and you only have 10 people below your seniority, YOU'RE STILL NOT THERE
When you get your first warning letter, file your first grievance, get lied to by your supervisor, YOU'RE GETTING WARM, BUT NOT THERE

Most full time drivers (package and feeders) put on their first browns before you were born !!!!
You got spirit kid, but don't forget WE walked in your boots unloading and sorting before you were a twinkle in your dad's eye !!!

Keep up the strong work ethic and one day you will see !!!
This is why you are one of my favorites on here Heff!! This is luscious!! Good job!!

reginald95

Re: Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed pp

They are selfish but only because a lot of them are at 20-25 years of service and don't want to retire. Making it harder for us part timers to get our shot. Also I really don't want to hear about the "time" they put in as part timers when back then you could have 1 year of seniority and be 21 years old and immediately become a driver. I've been toiling away as a preloader for 7 years and the best I can do is SAT Air and Cover driver.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

They are selfish but only because a lot of them are at 20-25 years of service and don't want to retire. Making it harder for us part timers to get our shot. Also I really don't want to hear about the "time" they put in as part timers when back then you could have 1 year of seniority and be 21 years old and immediately become a driver. I've been toiling away as a preloader for 7 years and the best I can do is SAT Air and Cover driver.
Why does not retiring makes THEM selfish? As long as they can still do the job after 25 years, they've got families to take care, but they supposed to retire so you can have their job?? Now who sounds selfish? And toiling away at preload for 7 years doesn't make you special....join the club.

iowa boy

If you would spend some time reading the current contract, if a fulltimer works for 30 years, they qualify for a pension of anywhere from 3000 to 5000 a month. We may be selfish, but we also feel that we have earned that pension after 30 years.

And not everyone here worked for only a year before they went driving.

Why does not retiring makes THEM selfish? As long as they can still do the job after 25 years, they've got families to take care, but they supposed to retire so you can have their job?? Now who sounds selfish? And toiling away at preload for 7 years doesn't make you special....join the club.
Many of us full time driver would love to retire but don't have the age or enough full time years. Also several of the pension funds are way under funded. Who wants to walk out the door and maybe face a pension cut? I can still do my job just fine, but I promise you the first good chance for me to get out, I will leave the door open for you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Many of us full time driver would love to retire but don't have the age or enough full time years. Also several of the pension funds are way under funded. Who wants to walk out the door and maybe face a pension cut? I can still do my job just fine, but I promise you the first good chance for me to get out, I will leave the door open for you.

Shoot, my old trip is going up for bid. Reggie can help himself to it.

Squint

No more work for me!

DUDE

Since you're 19, I'm going to take it easy on you.
You have no idea, let alone can comprehend, what full-timers do from your point-of-view working in a trailer for 3 months !

The responsibility alone is worth what you are paid, then you tack on the 10 hours of hard labor on top of the mandatory harassment from ties.
That's something you don't understand from unloading/loading a trailer in your first 3 months.

Plus young jedi, MOST full timers WERE PART TIMERS. We remember sweating through our clothes, the pain from constant package moving, the breakneck pace of that moving belt.
When you wear out that first pair of gloves and need to buy some new boots, YOU'RE NOT THERE YET
When you've been at your building for 3 years, and you only have 10 people below your seniority, YOU'RE STILL NOT THERE
When you get your first warning letter, file your first grievance, get lied to by your supervisor, YOU'RE GETTING WARM, BUT NOT THERE

Most full time drivers (package and feeders) put on their first browns before you were born !!!!
You got spirit kid, but don't forget WE walked in your boots unloading and sorting before you were a twinkle in your dad's eye !!!

Keep up the strong work ethic and one day you will see !!!

Heff, you forgot about how many pairs of jeans you wore out sliding up and down the belt loading the trucks! They don't even make the 501's as good as they used to. Can you imagine how many pairs you'd go through in a year now?

Squint

No more work for me!

Hell, I'm drawing a part-time AND a full-time pension.

sigreq

I can't retire yet, I've got 3 more years until my Ferrari is paid off!!!! Said the old guy that won't retire

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

.....fulltimers get all the pork off the sweat of the parttimers.....

Just curious, but why would a fulltimer try to "kill" you by moving a PC with you in the back if he's getting all the "pork" off your "sweat"?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Give it a few years, son, and you will be singing a very, very different tune.

Ive been playing this game 11 years now; I win some, I lose some days, but i am still singing the same song.
They can make me angry, but once I am out of the hub, on my route and greet the first smiling package recipient/receiver, how can i stay that way?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Is this your first post with no exclamation marks/witty remarks? This topic is close to your heart, retirement?

Indecisi0n

Am I the only one who doesn't get paid in pork?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Am I the only one who doesn't get paid in pork?
In a round about way I do too.
I have direct deposit into the wife's account. If there's any leftover when she gets back from the outlet stores, she gives me $5 and a good porking on Mondays, Thursdays & Saturdays.

Re-Raise

In a round about way I do too.
I have direct deposit into the wife's account. If there's any leftover when she gets back from the outlet stores, she gives me $5 and a good porking on Mondays, Thursdays & Saturdays.

Are you the porker or the porkee ?