is it normal to be hired as a part time package handler/air drop combo?

I have orientation tomorrow. I am leaving a full time well paying job for this opportunity. I want to know if this is a normal position to be hired in as. Also want to make sure this is a path that will lead to a full time driver position? I was told in my interview that they were on the 7th hire for driver and then offered this position the next week, just want to make sure I am going in the right direction. The confusing part is that I was told I would take the road test after my orientation and that there would be a eeek long class scheduled shortly after.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Benefits are contract to contract. Who know what'll happen next year? And retirement?! Hope for a pension, but expect nothing.

Benefits change very little and there will always be a pension; however, the monthly pension benefit is most likely to go down for the majority of us as more of our plans go in to critical status.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a suggestion for you. Hold off on the interview for now. Apply to be a Peak helper. This will give you an inside look at what you could expect to be doing for the next 20-30 years.

Yolo

I have orientation tomorrow. I am leaving a full time well paying job for this opportunity. I want to know if this is a normal position to be hired in as. Also want to make sure this is a path that will lead to a full time driver position? I was told in my interview that they were on the 7th hire for driver and then offered this position the next week, just want to make sure I am going in the right direction. The confusing part is that I was told I would take the road test after my orientation and that there would be a eeek long class scheduled shortly after.

Wouldn't recommend that.

You may get lucky and get a ft Driver position in 1-2 years. Or it could be 10.