Is it possible to collect your pension while still working?

sven

Ive heard rumors that it is possible to collect your pension while continuing to work for UPS. Is this at all true?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ive heard rumors that it is possible to collect your pension while continuing to work for UPS. Is this at all true?
Yes....in New York State at least. Once you are older than 71...you can work at UPS FT and collect your pension...we have a porter and a feeder driver in my building who do this.

sven

Sorry...please post more information. Kinda is pretty vague. I would like to hear from someone that has or knows someone that is currently doing it and what the requirements are to do so

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sorry...please post more information. Kinda is pretty vague. I would like to hear from someone that has or knows someone that is currently doing it and what the requirements are to do so

My local, and others, has waived suspension of benefits for retirees to work during peak.

PT Car Washer

I also have heard that you can collect your full pension and social security benefits after 70 1/2 and work with no penalties. We also have a porter who is pass 70 but continues to work as his wife has health issues.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we have a 77 year old driver who gets his pension and gets raises every year. plus he gets social security. plus he makes over 2 grand a week.

I asked him if he has a good tax guy. also asked him if he was crazy.

it must be some kinda sickness.

rod

Retired 22 years
I also have heard that you can collect your full pension and social security benefits after 70 1/2 and work with no penalties. We also have a porter who is pass 70 but continues to work as his wife has health issues.

That's a pretty BS excuse to keep on working unless he robbed the cradle when he married. If his wife is 65 she can get on Medicare and with that and a very good supplemental insurance program (about $120 bucks a month or less) she has better coverage than UPS apparently does now. I bet if you really checked anyone who continued to work at UPS when they are 70 years old you would find someone who has absolutely no hobbies, other interests or friends outside of UPS. You would also find some one who is probably supporting a bunch of freeloading adults who have lived off the old man since they got out of high school 30 years ago.

That's a pretty BS excuse to keep on working unless he robbed the cradle when he married. If his wife is 65 she can get on Medicare and with that and a very good supplemental insurance program (about $120 bucks a month or less) she has better coverage than UPS apparently does now. I bet if you really checked anyone who continued to work at UPS when they are 70 years old you would find someone who has absolutely no hobbies, other interests or friends outside of UPS. You would also find some one who is probably supporting a bunch of freeloading adults who have lived off the old man since they got out of high school 30 years ago.
Well said. Kicking my last kid out,as we speak!:blushing2: