Is it possible to switch positions in the warehouse?

iDontWorkAtUps

Is there any way I can go from Preload to being in the unload or Irregs? If so whats the process of doing so? I've been here for around 6 months.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Contract states you have a right to ask for a preferred position based on seniority. Good luck after 6 months though. I was able to move after a year been at the same gravy location for the last 17 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seniiioorrrrttttty ruuuuuuuulllles. Did typing it slower help?
Meaning, preferred positions are filled based on who requests it by seniority.

Why did you feel the need to add that last sentence?

Contract states you have a right to ask for a preferred position based on seniority. Good luck after 6 months though. I was able to move after a year been at the same gravy location for the last 17 years.

This answered the OP's question.

iDontWorkAtUps

So me asking would have no power behind it if they said no? Like if a person with lower seniority was doing it and they denied me I have to deal with it ? Or can i file accordingly?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So me asking would have no power behind it if they said no? Like if a person with lower seniority was doing it and they denied me I have to deal with it ? Or can i file accordingly?

Read your supplement.
In the southern (article 49), part-time classification bids (load, unload, irregs, smalls, etc.) go up every 6 months and that list stands until another is posted. You can't just bump someone out of their position because you have more seniority though. It's just the list they're supposed to go off if someone leaves one of those positions, or a new spot is created.

Now if you've signed that list and they permanently move someone with less seniority than you into one of the positions you signed for, then you could file.

Last edited: