Is it possible to transfer from Freight to a hub?

somebodiesgot

Once you are in the union, is it possible to transfer from freight to a hub?

Or would you basically leave the union and have to be off-the-street and pay union dues all over again?

Thanks.

959Nanook

Are you sure about that?
Same Local Union or not, I would make damn sure that I knew exactly what the ramifications were if I was not vested and I was concerned about retaining my accrued years.

The wording suggests to me that the OP may not be a Teamster yet and is maybe trying to figure out if there is a backdoor through Freight.

Sent using BrownCafe App

959Nanook

If your pension is through your local and you were staying in the same local then yes.

Just curious what happens if he takes a part-time position at UPS to get foot in the door and he wasn't vested before coming to UPS? I just don't see how that would have worked with both of my pensions if I had attempted something similar.

I will agree with the semantics of your phrase but not all of my part-time retirement was through the Teamsters (thus NOT "through your local" coming to UPS as a part-timer) so I would not have been able to satisfy the statement you made but that is a detail that I would recommend he determine for CERTAIN in his scenario.

Sent using BrownCafe App

somebodiesgot

Just curious what happens if he takes a part-time position at UPS to get foot in the door and he wasn't vested before coming to UPS? I just don't see how that would have worked with both of my pensions if I had attempted something similar.

I will agree with the semantics of your phrase but not all of my part-time retirement was through the Teamsters (thus NOT "through your local" coming to UPS as a part-timer) so I would not have been able to satisfy the statement you made but that is a detail that I would recommend he determine for CERTAIN in his scenario.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I am a teamster and have been at Freight for a few months, my problem is as of recently I've been cut 2-3 days a week as a part-timer, and none of the other part-timers are getting any time either (as I have the most seniority), so I was just curious if I could switch to a hub if it meant getting more hours at a lower rate.