Is it true that SurePost is going to be eliminated?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77202
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 77202

Read somewhere that SurePost is going to be eliminated as early as January 2020.
Is there any truth to this?

542thruNthru

I heard that amazon will be absorbing all our surepost. That RPCDs will be laid off and 22.4s will work every day.

I also heard that PVD drivers are the new cover drivers and will deliver all our easy stops through out the year.

That's just what I heard though. ;)

D

Deleted member 77202

I think it was on the UPSers.com website a couple weeks ago. The article didn't confirm or deny the rumor, it was just stating that FedEx got rid of theirs.

Hadjabear

Heard management say they didn't know if it was a complete elimination or not, I could see ups paying fedex some amount of money for then to offer 1 package a day as smartpost just so ups can say to us, look see they still do smartpost so we can still do surepost

Wyoming

From page 184 of the Agreement:

United Parcel Service, Inc. (“UPS” or “Company”) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (“Union”) agree that the following will apply to Article 26, Section 4 of the UPS National Master Agreement:

(1) In the event the Company’s competition eliminates its service comparable to Surepost, either nationwide or in any service area, the Company shall discontinue Surepost on the same basis.

Methods Man

From page 184 of the Agreement:

United Parcel Service, Inc. (“UPS” or “Company”) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (“Union”) agree that the following will apply to Article 26, Section 4 of the UPS National Master Agreement:

(1) In the event the Company’s competition eliminates its service comparable to Surepost, either nationwide or in any service area, the Company shall discontinue Surepost on the same basis.

curious if anyone has grieved this yet

Poop Head

Judge me.
Has anyone grieved the obvious Surepost violations of oversize, overweight, and business deliveries?
Can you even grieve that? We can catch them and deliver them. The customer is the one putting the labels on.

I've noticed a definite increase in stops that are 1 surepost piece.

Bob11B

Can you even grieve that? We can catch them and deliver them. The customer is the one putting the labels on.

I've noticed a definite increase in stops that are 1 surepost piece.
I would think you could...because it states the sizes in the contract. The customer may put the label on it but we choose which ones we keep or don’t. Good question though.

Heavy Package

Read somewhere that SurePost is going to be eliminated as early as January 2020.
Is there any truth to this?

Yes-It's true! Since every SurePost package is a small baggie, they have put up a bid sheet for 20,000 22.5 DDSP (Drone Delivery Service Providers) across the country. They will use our new drone technology to ensure excellent customer service while continuing the low cost SurePost rates. Hoffa and Hall already signed off on this. I signed the bid sheet and if selected will move to Atlanta where the DDSP's will be based out of. Ask your Sup tomorrow about it-great opportunity especially if you are ugly and want even less customer interaction than as a regular driver.