Is it worth it?

b1gj1m304

So I just had my first interview on Nov. 21st. I'm waiting for the background check. If I'm hired as a part time package handler and it's only seasonal meaning no work after Jan. 2015. Is it worth it to accept a part time position that may may only last about 6 weeks?

Packmule

If you were hoping for a FT job after peak, no. PT, possibly lead to a permant pretty easy. The turnover rate is high and the benefits would be a big step forward. Then, thinking long term, FT could happen if you stuck it out from there.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So I just had my first interview on Nov. 21st. I'm waiting for the background check. If I'm hired as a part time package handler and it's only seasonal meaning no work after Jan. 2015. Is it worth it to accept a part time position that may may only last about 6 weeks?

Yep.

Looks good on a resume or job application.

-Bug-

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A bit old for the job huh?? I'd love to hear someone in HR tell me that. I'm 46, is that too old?
Too old to become permanent....most likely. UPS rarely keeps seasonals that old..that I've seen. It doesnn't mean you can't do the job....just means Brown views you as an injury liability.

Rainman

Its all good.
A bit old for the job huh?? I'd love to hear someone in HR tell me that. I'm 46, is that too old?
I'm in my 50s. I personally wouldn't want to start that old, but we're all different. This is really a job for a younger man, but like most jobs, it's about desire to succeed rather than just physical ability. If you want to be successful you will be. If you don't have that desire, then give it up now.