Is it worth it?

Going on week 3 with no call about when I start training with a supervisor on the road for driving! Told to call today and did, said they would give him my number and have him call me. Thinking I might need to go elsewhere, feel like this is just a waste of time. This waiting game isnt making me any money. Is it worth waiting for the call??

Star B

White Lightening
the only person that can answer that is you.... there are plenty of threads on here about driver life. maybe you'll have a laid back center.... or maybe you'll have the highest strung center with a supervisor assigned to you at the gate writing you up every single time you sniffled for stealing time.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
iOS 11 bug. If you wanna type an “I “ you’ve gotta manually select it from the word choices above the keyboard as you’re typing instead of hitting I + space and letting autocorrect fill it out for ya.

I had no idea how to change that. Thanks buddy. It’s been a pain in the ass lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Going on week 3 with no call about when I start training with a supervisor on the road for driving! Told to call today and did, said they would give him my number and have him call me. Thinking I might need to go elsewhere, feel like this is just a waste of time. This waiting game isnt making me any money. Is it worth waiting for the call??
Raydog,

Rest assured, our team of specialized Human Resource personnel are doing all they can in order to facilitate your transition into UPS. You can expect a call within the next six months.

Star B

White Lightening
Raydog,

Rest assured, our team of specialized Human Resource personnel are doing all they can in order to facilitate your transition into UPS. You can expect a call within the next six months.
At least he'll skip Peak, Valentines Day, and Mothers Day. He'll have a cake first part of his career.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Going on week 3 with no call about when I start training with a supervisor

Doesn't that tell you something about the company?

feel like this is just a waste of time
Is it worth waiting for the call?
This waiting game isnt making me any money.

What have you been doing for income for the last three weeks you were wasting time waiting?

Just so you know, you are most likely a seasonal hire which means you will have no job after the first of the year. There is no guarantee you will be hired on. You've already wasted 3 weeks of your life you won't get back, do you really need the advice of strangers in the night?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Just so you know, you are most likely a seasonal hire which means you will have no job after the first of the year. There is no guarantee you will be hired on. You've already wasted 3 weeks of your life you won't get back, do you really need the advice of strangers in the night?
Quit being so critical, it's daylight. Sheesh

trickpony1

Raydog--
Really surprise them one morning and show up before things get hectic and ask to speak to a supervisor.
Show some initiative.

or....maybe there were somethings in your background check they didn't like?
I know a hub rat that didn't make the cut. My guess is he "forgot" or didn't bother to mention some of his past.

Milton's Stapler

Hemorrhoid Boy
I just finally made it through qualifying and started driving late August. I went through and completed driver school mid March!! Since peak is about to start I'm sure you'll be in there before you know it. However, I was already in the union and working preload loading trucks. I started working for UPS June 1, 2016.

Staydryitsraining

More than likely you won't even run a route. You'll be back and forth shuttling or taking a shelf off of drivers who are bricked out. You might work a full 2 weeks. That will be it. You might be offered an inside job.