Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Raydog2017, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Raydog2017

Raydog2017 New Member

Going on week 3 with no call about when I start training with a supervisor on the road for driving! Told to call today and did, said they would give him my number and have him call me. Thinking I might need to go elsewhere, feel like this is just a waste of time. This waiting game isnt making me any money. Is it worth waiting for the call??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. silverbullet2893

silverbullet2893 KILL KILL!!

3. Star B

Star B White Lightening

the only person that can answer that is you.... there are plenty of threads on here about driver life. maybe you'll have a laid back center.... or maybe you'll have the highest strung center with a supervisor assigned to you at the gate writing you up every single time you sniffled for stealing time.

4. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

iOS 11 bug. If you wanna type an “I “ you’ve gotta manually select it from the word choices above the keyboard as you’re typing instead of hitting I + space and letting autocorrect fill it out for ya.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. silverbullet2893

silverbullet2893 KILL KILL!!

I had no idea how to change that. Thanks buddy. It’s been a pain in the ass lol

6. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Raydog,

Rest assured, our team of specialized Human Resource personnel are doing all they can in order to facilitate your transition into UPS. You can expect a call within the next six months.

7. Star B

Star B White Lightening

At least he'll skip Peak, Valentines Day, and Mothers Day. He'll have a cake first part of his career.

8. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Doesn't that tell you something about the company?

What have you been doing for income for the last three weeks you were wasting time waiting?

Just so you know, you are most likely a seasonal hire which means you will have no job after the first of the year. There is no guarantee you will be hired on. You've already wasted 3 weeks of your life you won't get back, do you really need the advice of strangers in the night?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Quit being so critical, it's daylight. Sheesh

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Whatever suit dude. Just because your BFF Randall is gone, don't be trying to stir up trouble.

Strangers in the night...I feel a song coming on!

11. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Raydog--
    Really surprise them one morning and show up before things get hectic and ask to speak to a supervisor.
    Show some initiative.

or....maybe there were somethings in your background check they didn't like?
    I know a hub rat that didn't make the cut. My guess is he "forgot" or didn't bother to mention some of his past.

12. FrigidFTSup

How dare you bring my heartbreak into this

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Over 70

Over 70 Active Member

Run as fast as you can.....

14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

He's right though.

15. FrigidFTSup

I wasn't being critical of the whole post, just that one line

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  16. Milton's Stapler

Milton's Stapler Hemorrhoid Boy

I just finally made it through qualifying and started driving late August. I went through and completed driver school mid March!! Since peak is about to start I'm sure you'll be in there before you know it. However, I was already in the union and working preload loading trucks. I started working for UPS June 1, 2016.

17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Doesn't matter

18. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

More than likely you won't even run a route. You'll be back and forth shuttling or taking a shelf off of drivers who are bricked out. You might work a full 2 weeks. That will be it. You might be offered an inside job.

19. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

Did u go to driver school yet? I got my call to come in for training on day 4 of class.