Is Jefferson Hub hard to deal with?

Im a new rehire here (driver helper now loader/unloader) and this question has been on my mind for the longest. Is Jefferson really hard to work out of or can i treat it like a casual go with the flow type thing?

the last thing my driver told me before we left each other was " if you make it down there be prepared to work you *ss off and don't be scared to get yelled at.

Should I expect the last one ^^^ sense i saw that on the overnite tour ? but what can i expect besides the earn and learn and some discounts lol

UPS Preloader

Im a new rehire here (driver helper now loader/unloader) and this question has been on my mind for the longest. Is Jefferson really hard to work out of or can i treat it like a casual go with the flow type thing?

the last thing my driver told me before we left each other was " if you make it down there be prepared to work you *ss off and don't be scared to get yelled at.

Should I expect the last one ^^^ sense i saw that on the overnite tour ? but what can i expect besides the earn and learn and some discounts lol

I don't mean to sound rude, but who cares. Go in, work safe, work as directed, and then go home. Don't let anything bother you and above all, don't take it home with you. It's not worth it.

Jeff st is a hole. Don't drive anything nice to work. Don't take anything valuable to work. Leave work with a group to help prevent muggings.

No, I am not joking in the least.

When I started feeder they told us when we go to Jeff to roll up on the stop signs after we exit the freeway and if no one is coming to roll through them without stopping to keep locals from trying to jump us.

It's the last building I'd work out of in the Chicago area.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well if it's anything like my hub, our management motto is "yelling is how they learn." Lol and everyone works their asses off.

They only get away with that because you let them.

When management yells towards me I usually just walk off, if I'm in my truck I take a bathroom break or go to fill up my water jug. Only one supervisor has ever asked me why I walked off. I told him whether he realized it or not he was being extremely hostile and I was really afraid of him and what he was about to do. Act like a beaten child. Somewhere in there is a tiny shred of guilt UPS hasn't beaten out of them yet, you just gotta bring it out.

Loyal Teamster

If your hub has Earn and learn , Take advantage of it. This is the reason I joined UPS, turns out only 51 hubs nation wide offer it to part timers, Mine doesn't.
the Earn and Learn program BS, was made to create a good image for the company when in fact less than 5% of part timers can use it.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Loyal Teamster

"be prepared to work you *ss off "

Also be prepared to deal with Lazy union workers that will try to sabotage your work ethics.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You wouldn't need a CDL for a package vehicle.

But you will need to be old enough to legally drink. I call B.S. on UPS contacting a 19-year-old about a driving position.

That is a discussion for another thread. But yes, make sure to work your hardest and zone out Lazy Union Workers.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

"Lazy Union Workers" yet you live in Texas (according to your bio line). Gee, I wonder how many of your "lazy union" PT brothers are actually in the union? I'm guessing ZERO. Including yourself. I'm calling out B.S. on your postings.