IS MY PACKAGE LOST??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickPav

I just joined this to post my question, let me know if I'm in the wrong forum or something.

I sold a pair of shoes on an app called GOAT. You confirm your sale, and they send you a prepaid shipping label. You bring the package with the label to UPS, they ship it out, everything's good. I brought the shoes and the label to UPS on 2/1/17, and asked for them to package it up and ship it out. She said they would ship out later that day. I left the store, checked tracking the next day and it didn't say shipped, only "Order processed, ready for UPS". I called and they can't find my package. It isn't at the UPS location, and it hasn't showed up at any locations. The tracking still says ready for UPS.

Am I out $300?? Is there any chance my package can still make it there on time? The UPS employee remembers me going in, but never gave me a receipt that they received my package, so I have no proof that I actually dropped it off besides for her memory. Is there anything I can do??

MAKAVELI

I just joined this to post my question, let me know if I'm in the wrong forum or something.

I sold a pair of shoes on an app called GOAT. You confirm your sale, and they send you a prepaid shipping label. You bring the package with the label to UPS, they ship it out, everything's good. I brought the shoes and the label to UPS on 2/1/17, and asked for them to package it up and ship it out. She said they would ship out later that day. I left the store, checked tracking the next day and it didn't say shipped, only "Order processed, ready for UPS". I called and they can't find my package. It isn't at the UPS location, and it hasn't showed up at any locations. The tracking still says ready for UPS.

Am I out $300?? Is there any chance my package can still make it there on time? The UPS employee remembers me going in, but never gave me a receipt that they received my package, so I have no proof that I actually dropped it off besides for her memory. Is there anything I can do??
Yes, yes and yes.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'm assuming you went to a UPS store, rather than a UPS center. Did they not charge you to "package it up" as you say?

Normally whoever pays for shipping (GOAT in this case?) has a minimum of $100 insurance on each pkg.

It may also show up on the tracking in a day or two. Maybe still hasn't been scanned, but still is in transit.

You do know this isn't the UPS customer service??

NickPav

I'm assuming you went to a UPS store, rather than a UPS center. Did they not charge you to "package it up" as you say?

Normally whoever pays for shipping (GOAT in this case?) has a minimum of $100 insurance on each pkg.

It may also show up on the tracking in a day or two. Maybe still hasn't been scanned, but still is in transit.
They charged me $4 for the box, but the receipt is totally unrelated to the package at all, all that's on it is the charge for a box. And the buyer pays for shipping, I believe if I can't prove I shipped it they cancel the order and I have to cover shipping and it may no longer be insured.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There is nothing you can do but wait and see if the GOAT gives you a refund.
You will get no other information that will help you although it may offend or entertain you ... that's up to you.

Duckwithapipboy

You will get no other information that will help you although it may offend or entertain you ... that's up to you.

Oh ye of trolling faith. :D

I work at a retail UPS Store too and I come across this quite often. Sometimes a package will not be scanned the entire length of the journey until the delivery scan. I've never heard of GOAT so I have no idea where they send their returns to, or where you sent your package from, but at most a package will be in transit with UPS for one week. So next Tuesday you will want to call customer service and complain about a lost package.

Another important question is if the label had a USPS option attached to the return. Some companies will give you a return label with a UPS/FedEx + USPS option. If so they might have gotten lazy and just tossed it in the outgoing USPS bin. Which makes no sense since The UPS Store, Inc. gives them a kickback of each dropped off UPS package. If they did, you're out of luck trying to get proof of drop off since we don't record USPS drop offs.

Bring that UPS tracking number back to the store and ask them to look in their drop off manifest for 2/1/2017. They should be using the iShip shipping program as all UPS Stores do which store drop off information with (only) UPS account numbers, full tracking numbers, and the weight scanned in. That information is stored for a few months so if they say they don't have that, they are bull:censored2:ting you or never scanned it.

Finally ... 1-800-PICK-UPS

AlliSeeisBrown

Just be patient. UPS doesn't own UPS stores so the UPS store won't know anything about it once the driver comes to pick it up other than what the tracking info says. Pointless to call them. I say wait a day and call 1-800-pickups if no progress has been made.

Duckwithapipboy

Just be patient. UPS doesn't own UPS stores so the UPS store won't know anything about it once the driver comes to pick it up other than what the tracking info says. Pointless to call them. I say wait a day and call 1-800-pickups if no progress has been made.

The amount of customers that think that the franchises have control over UPS operations. I've gotten so many complaint calls about drivers and demanding that they turn around and drop off their package again instead of the next business day.

Best call was from a (older) couple that missed their package delivery because they were having sex in the hot tub at 9 in the morning. Guy demanded that I call the driver back and got irate when I said I had no power over drivers and wouldn't call for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.