Is our FedEx racist? lol

moon

I've noticed that like 80% of all the loader are Hispanic. Then once you start looking at positions higher up, the % drops drastically. There are about 12 managerial positions or so, and I don't think there is one single Hispanic manager. I'd say about 7 of them are African-American, 4 white, and 1 Asian. As far as the drivers go, I'd say about 50% African-American, 40% white, and like 10% Hispanic. Hub is located in near Dallas, TX.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've noticed that like 80% of all the loader are Hispanic. Then once you start looking at positions higher up, the % drops drastically. There are about 12 managerial positions or so, and I don't think there is one single Hispanic manager. I'd say about 7 of them are African-American, 4 white, and 1 Asian. As far as the drivers go, I'd say about 50% African-American, 40% white, and like 10% Hispanic. Hub is located in near Dallas, TX.

Take a look at how many minorities are in upper management....not many.

RTURNSONLY

I dunno know about racism, but favoritism's rampant at my station. Which remains no less another type of discrimination.

HomeDelivery

i think that's a local thing... where are you at, Moon? on the west coast or south west?

i see a very diverse group at the 2 different terminals i'm working out of, both women (who are very competent in their jobs ~ excelling the men in comparison!) and minorities as well as college folk & those who are just there for the bennies of being a package handler.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

We have a lot of Hispanics, Ghanians, and generally the whole world is represented at our Ramp.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We have a lot of Hispanics, Ghanians, and generally the whole world is represented at our Ramp.

I think that's typical at most sorts and ramps. But FedEx doesn't have many minorities in upper management. How many Asian upper level managers have you seen over the years? I can't recall any. Few women, and few Blacks and Hispanics. MT3 is the most visible, and unfortunately, the biggest idiot minority I'm aware of.

Mary Alice Taylor doesn't count, because she came straight from Hell.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think that's typical at most sorts and ramps. But FedEx doesn't have many minorities in upper management. How many Asian upper level managers have you seen over the years? I can't recall any. Few women, and few Blacks and Hispanics. MT3 is the most visible, and unfortunately, the biggest idiot minority I'm aware of.

I remember a Vietnamese guy who was an ops manager when I started who moved on up (not sure how high) to handle things in Vietnam and Asia. Ben Nguyen.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
FedEx likes to pride itself (as usual) as being a top employer of minorities....just so longs as they stays down at the plantation.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
okay, slightly off topic here but I was just wondering - are all Vietnamese named Nguyen? It's got to make it a royal PITA to find someone in the phonebook...There's probably at least a hundred thousand Ed Nguyens in Hanoi alone.