Is part time guarantee 3.5 hours or is that Bull Crap

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Not guaranteed. Saturday's near me run closer to 1.5 to 2.5 hours most times, with rare exceptions of 4-5. It does kinda suck, but it's experienced, and once they know you're not gonna kill anyone, or wreck the truck, they will consider running you for a full day. I'm assuming you're a recent grad of integrad. You should get some opportunities to the late night run which is about 4 hours here and some post-preload morning shuttles. It might take you 6 months or more before you're regularly driving 2-3 days a week depending on need and retirements. I kinda find that the most miserable part of the job. When your on preload 3-4 days a week, driving a day and then on saturdays.
This is kinda why unions suck, but you signed up for it. A lot of hacks out there. I still go on preload shift about once a week. I don't really mind it, but one PT sup is a complete cumdribble. It's the only job he's had in his life since he turned 18. He's 34, thinks he's the Golden Calf. And he never ever drove. He's always gave me S@!*, even though I was one of the better loaders. I told him, I'll worry about it when the Sup on my belt says something, until then stay in your area.

Good Luck with that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1433287149152.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Memorandum of Understanding

Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union)

and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent

that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and

leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be considered

to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half

hour guarantee. This shall not affect an employee’s right to a minimum

three (3) hour daily guarantee.
Last Page of the main UPS -IBT contract