Hey, I'm a pre-loader and I've been lurking this forum for about a month or so. I'm coming up for whether or not I get seniority next week. My supervisor says my biggest problem is that I have not really shown much progress regarding my PPH. It hovers somewhere from 120 to 170 (my highest).

I have talked to him and a manager about this and told them I believed it as because I am on 3 trucks that all have very large items (bulk trucks). I would have no problem with this as I can handle some weight but it just does not seem to be possible to get more than 1 or 2 out of a bin when some of these items are so large and heavy.

To compensate for the large items in the beginning I have about 150 envelopes that come right at the end which I am suppose to scan one by one. The issue with this is the driver doesn't really want to wait and just throws them in the car a long with many other items I haven't scanned because I pulled them off last-rev. This is also causing me to get a lower scan percentage. (my last was 88%)

In my opinion I should not have to say anything to the driver about this at all. I am not his boss and he has worked here longer than me. My SUP was helping me organize after a hard last-rev and he saw the driver putting things in the truck that had not been scanned. He said something to him but the driver continued. After this he turned to be and told me what the driver was doing as if I was suppose to go stop the driver from doing it? I thought that was the job of the SUP.

I actually have good relations with the drivers I load for but I think this is going to shake things up.

Anyway, between the scan percentage and the PPH my SUP basically tells me unless they go up this next week I will not be hired. I'm going to put my all into this last week. I know this forum says the SUPs are liars and I can 100 percent confirm this is the case but he seemed pretty concerned for me last time we talked. I'm going to have to talk with management about this driver thing.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text but my questions are:

Is PPH generally lower on trucks with huge items?

Should I be required to tell my driver not to load items he knows hes not suppose to?

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sup-Monkey Creature's in the hiring phase... I believe this one to be in charge of the unload currently...

MQ8V1A.gif

PT Car Washer

Our preload manager tells new hires that if they can come in early before their start time and start loading it will help their PPH and make themselves look better. He is always looking out for the new guys.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey, I'm a pre-loader and I've been lurking this forum for about a month or so. I'm coming up for whether or not I get seniority next week. My supervisor says my biggest problem is that I have not really shown much progress regarding my PPH. It hovers somewhere from 120 to 170 (my highest).

I have talked to him and a manager about this and told them I believed it as because I am on 3 trucks that all have very large items (bulk trucks). I would have no problem with this as I can handle some weight but it just does not seem to be possible to get more than 1 or 2 out of a bin when some of these items are so large and heavy.

To compensate for the large items in the beginning I have about 150 envelopes that come right at the end which I am suppose to scan one by one. The issue with this is the driver doesn't really want to wait and just throws them in the car a long with many other items I haven't scanned because I pulled them off last-rev. This is also causing me to get a lower scan percentage. (my last was 88%)

In my opinion I should not have to say anything to the driver about this at all. I am not his boss and he has worked here longer than me. My SUP was helping me organize after a hard last-rev and he saw the driver putting things in the truck that had not been scanned. He said something to him but the driver continued. After this he turned to be and told me what the driver was doing as if I was suppose to go stop the driver from doing it? I thought that was the job of the SUP.

I actually have good relations with the drivers I load for but I think this is going to shake things up.

Anyway, between the scan percentage and the PPH my SUP basically tells me unless they go up this next week I will not be hired. I'm going to put my all into this last week. I know this forum says the SUPs are liars and I can 100 percent confirm this is the case but he seemed pretty concerned for me last time we talked. I'm going to have to talk with management about this driver thing.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text but my questions are:

Is PPH generally lower on trucks with huge items?

Should I be required to tell my driver not to load items he knows hes not suppose to?
ups needs all the bodies they can get now, as for scanning some drivers dont like to wait for that and it is not your job to tell him to. I hope the driver is not doing it off the clock though

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
we have the scanners to, if it gets to a certain point i just tell the drivers to grab and go. The part time is just busting this guys balls