Is sure post going away in 2012?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
fedex and UPS are not the only companies that use the post office for final mile. all these new companies popping up that "compete" with UPS run networks similar to smartpost

Coldworld

60 months and counting
this is totally off topic but who makes these avatars for some of the people on here...and are they based off of pictures of the actual posters...does dilli really look as hot in person as in her avatar..

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
this is totally off topic but who makes these avatars for some of the people on here...and are they based off of pictures of the actual posters...does dilli really look as hot in person as in her avatar..
Dizzee!!!! He's da man. Probably not............................

Not IN Trace

One thing nobody is asking is what happens to surepost, smartpost, and all these other fly by night company's when the post office is only delivering 4 days a week..if your lucky.

HomeDelivery

UPS jobs will be lost. Let's all face reality, UPS is squarely focused on profits - as many have posted on here.

i dunno about that; look how Mr. Smith is pinching pennies to the majority of the ground/ home delivery drivers...

from past postings, i was amazed at how much more brown drivers are getting paid vs the purple ground drivers, plus getting paid by the hour + OT, holiday pay, etc...

it also seems that some are being micro-managed, but you're well-compensated for it.

have a good peak season!

menotyou

bella amicizia
i dunno about that; look how Mr. Smith is pinching pennies to the majority of the ground/ home delivery drivers...

from past postings, i was amazed at how much more brown drivers are getting paid vs the purple ground drivers, plus getting paid by the hour + OT, holiday pay, etc...

it also seems that some are being micro-managed, but you're well-compensated for it.

have a good peak season!
Some? LOL! We earn that compensation.

HomeDelivery

:wink2:you know what i mean... they'll leave the runner/gunners alone since they're producing the work of 2, sometimes 3 people at the cost of safety... unless they're putting a stop to that too?!?

purple ground guys need to get better compensation for the same work is all i'm saying; but i'm good with the situation now since I know this isn't a career job.

menotyou

bella amicizia
:wink2:you know what i mean... they'll leave the runner/gunners alone since they're producing the work of 2, sometimes 3 people... unless they're putting a stop to that too?!?
If that runner/gunner slows down, they pick on them, too. It takes them a while to realize that you can't ever make them happy.
Remember, these people eat their young.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
​We have On-Trac here too.
I believe they are a division of California overnight...which does ltl stuff. On trac use to just do delivery for the auto industry....tires ,accessories,etc. Now they are delivering small parcel items like amazon and the other day saw a package from drugstore.com they delivered

menotyou

bella amicizia
I believe they are a division of California overnight...which does ltl stuff. On trac use to just do delivery for the auto industry....tires ,accessories,etc. Now they are delivering small parcel items like amazon and the other day saw a package from drugstore.com they delivered
If they are diverting work, a grievance needs to be filed.