Is the 9.5 language really the problem, or

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Is it the fact that you start at 9:00am, which in turn makes 7:30 the 9.5 violation time? Imagine a world where you didn't have NDA commits, and management could start you at 10:00. Is this what they are moving to? Find it coincidental that UPS isn't worried like they used to be about late air, about the same time they are piling it on? Is UPS moving towards a later NDA commit time across the board? How would this effect you?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Is it the fact that you start at 9:00am, which in turn makes 7:30 the 9.5 violation time? Imagine a world where you didn't have NDA commits, and management could start you at 10:00. Is this what they are moving to? Find it coincidental that UPS isn't worried like they used to be about late air, about the same time they are piling it on? Is UPS moving towards a later NDA commit time across the board? How would this effect you?
I honestly think that the last ten months, which includes incredible amounts of ireggs, late air, missed pickups, bad Orion compliance, late start times, terrible load quality, getting home when our families are already almost asleep, management not giving a damn about any of the above, etc., etc., is an effort to either make us (Teamsters) quit this job, or they are gonna throw it all in our faces and say it was our (Teamsters) fault and try to use that in negotiations against us.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Imagine a world where you didn't have NDA commits, and management could start you at 10:00. Is this what they are moving to?
nope we would rather start earlier

Find it coincidental that UPS isn't worried like they used to be about late air, about the same time they are piling it on?
who isn't worried about late air?

Is UPS moving towards a later NDA commit time across the board? How would this effect you?

nope our commits are driven by our competition

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

ManInBrown

Yup. Late airs every day. Told to run straight till all done. Can't even mix ground after 10:30. Somethings up. I went from never having a late air the entire year, to late airs everyday. Seems like they just don't care

The Driver

I drive.

I think it's simpler than that. I think it's just abject incompetence and refusal by the higher ups to invest in capital and labor.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yup. Late airs every day. Told to run straight till all done. Can't even mix ground after 10:30. Somethings up. I went from never having a late air the entire year, to late airs everyday. Seems like they just don't care
Maybe their research shows that few customers fight to get the refund on late air so it's cheaper to run on trace.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't have a problem with the commits, it's the starting late the is the real problem.

I wonder if drivers started earlier the would be less likely to file 9-5 grievances? Is it the overtime that is the problem or getting home late due to late start times?

Is 9-5 a big problem in Feeders?

ManInBrown

I don't have a problem with the commits, it's the starting late the is the real problem.

I wonder if drivers started earlier the would be less likely to file 9-5 grievances? Is it the overtime that is the problem or getting home late due to late start times?

No 9.5 list in feeders from what I was told.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Who's we, you're not in operations nor do you care what goes on

So which is it, managment doesn't care about commits or fail at doing their job, managing.

Much like rates, they move in tandem, with UPS making the first move.

IE/The Company would prefer early starts; so would the ops but their votes don't count anyways

and no we don't make the first move on a service we are inferior at

Maybe their research shows that few customers fight to get the refund on late air so it's cheaper to run on trace.

nope, guaranteed service refunds are a major loss; no one is wanting this late air but it's not a simple "herp derp just fix it" kind of problem

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
This past peak, I had a pkg sitting in a trailer at the center for three days they were too slammed to get to, yet they always sheeted it as "weather". I think this is becoming the new trend. Too cold, too much snow, too windy, too hot. Like waiting for Goldilocks to eat the :censored2: ing porridge!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

9.5 is a non issue in feeders. They do want to keep you under 12 so that you don't go over 60 in 7, unless you're on a 4-10 in which case they don't even care about that.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
We need to start earlier not later, I would rather start at 8 get air and ground off together. That might fix some of the 9.5 problems

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We would rather get guys out early. If we could get guys on road by 8AM I'd bet serious money the 9.5 list would shrink. I've heard it 20 times. I want the OT, but I want to see my family at night. Can't blame them.

Getting guys out early helps everybody. Unfortunately at some point down the line someone made a guarantee something could be done volume wise, and that has pushed the start times back further and further as the volume grows.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I think it's simpler than that. I think it's just abject incompetence and refusal by the higher ups to invest in capital and labor.
They are investing in the infrastructure and especially the air network and everybody on here says they are doing it to hide profits for the next contract. It's a lose-lose