Is The BC Getting New Members or New Company Trolls ?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just wondering since the new contract talk started months ago and then a tentative agreement was reached , the brown cafe has been adding a lot new members to join in the discussions.

At first this was good. New blood , new perspectives , new input , etc.

However , also it seems a lot of new members are starting weird threads.I'm suspicious that these new members may be company trolls trying to distract the teamster membership from the real issues of the contract.

I know there are some good discussions going on about the contract but have noticed some new members try to derail them or start new mindless topics.

anyone else seeing this?

KOG72

I’m full of it
Just wondering since the new contract talk started months ago and then a tentative agreement was reached , the brown cafe has been adding a lot new members to join in the discussions.

However , also it seems a lot of new members are starting weird threads.I'm suspicious that these new members may be company trolls trying to distract the teamster membership from the real issues of the contract.

I know there are some good discussions going on about the contract but have noticed some new members try to derail them or start new mindless topics.

anyone else seeing this?
Good evening lady of the olroad I believe you

Box Ox

anyone else seeing this?

Yep. People all over the place pretending to be/have been hourly ground pounders. It's so weird, isn't it?! ;-)

OW1TsDf.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We always get a lot of new members when a new contract comes out. People start searching online and get sent here. A lot of them will go away in a few months.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

anyone else seeing this?

Registrations have actually been fairly static over the last year. Active members have spiked. Some previously registered members have returned. Just throwing that out there... not sure what it means

browncafe.fw.png

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
What’s the statistics on fluff??? Any uptick on that thread???? ....@gumby might be manipulating it ....
mmmmm, you over estimate my skills. I don't know how to perform that precise thread analytic magic. These statitics are a couple of buttons already built into the forum software we use.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

anyone else seeing this?

I hadn't stopped in for a while after the mobile app stopped working and I was too lazy to log in on the web browser, but the board is completely different now. The jaded, cynical miserable people who used to be in the background have moved to the forefront and the feeling is a lot different.

We used to have a lot of fun goofing off, blowing off steam and making fun of Dave, but most of the posts I'm seeing are people jumping on the newbies and tearing them apart. I see new people presenting reasonable questions in a respectful manner being ridiculed and getting wiseass responses that aren't even a little helpful.

This makes me sad because Cheryl has done a lot to make this a fun place to hang out. I miss what it used to be.