Is The Driving Test Administered Fairly

UPSGUY72

Ok, you blew it, and you got no one to blame but yourself.

My Pop back in the day made me learn to drive on a clutch. "Just in case, you better learn", he would say. You knew the test was coming. If it were me, I sure would have been driving something with a clutch to get ready.

Get something with a clutch and get ready to take the test again.

I learned how to drive a stick when I was 6 on my uncles farm.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
after getting used to power steering & automatic... hate getting the old non power steering/ clutch for a day or two. amazing how much more difficult the job is... arms feel like dish rags at end of the day if you have a lot of cul-de-sacs.

slvrsable

My driving test consisted of driving through downtown and through a series of residential areas, and around mid town. They should have thrown some packages on the car!

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Who's to say the company won't switch back to manual trans if the price is right?
You could be right. Its been known to happen . I think there would be to many roll a ways and too hard for the noobies to get used to unless ups retires all of the klunker package cars.

O

OLDMAN3

If you have a shot at a permanent drivers job... Next time rent a moving van for a day (preferably manual tranny) and drive it around, including backs.

who_better_than_me

No practice? I practice at least for 6 months before I took my test. And then on the fatbou test once they find your test vehicle they let you ride around the yard 1-3 times so you get comfortable with the vehicle. Lots of manual trans in my building too. It's looks at least 1:1.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ok, you blew it, and you got no one to blame but yourself.

My Pop back in the day made me learn to drive on a clutch. "Just in case, you better learn", he would say. You knew the test was coming. If it were me, I sure would have been driving something with a clutch to get ready.

Get something with a clutch and get ready to take the test again.
Driving a stick is like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it. If your a dude and you cant drive any old stick shift whenever, then you just cant drive lol.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Bottom line is if you roll back on a hill during your road test, you fail. Using the parking brake routine will cause this not to happen. The true test is the driving the old klunker, they do this on purpose so if you can control the rattletrap , your ready for any of the other trucks.I have had long talks with our driver trainer and she has to be hard on everyone, since March she has trained 198 drivers. Traffic has changed and the risk factor is higher due to more people on the road, drivers texting, and not paying attention.