Is there a difference between a tractor trailer driver and a road driver?

sppollock

I don't know how to answer that, a road driver drives tractor trailers from yard to yard. A city driver/p&d driver is a driver that drives tractor trailer and delivers freight to our customers, we don't have any other driving jobs that we hire for.

​I need more information in the question to be able to answer.

Gideon129

I don't know how to answer that, a road driver drives tractor trailers from yard to yard. A city driver/p&d driver is a driver that drives tractor trailer and delivers freight to our customers, we don't have any other driving jobs that we hire for.

​I need more information in the question to be able to answer.

​sure we do its called truckload division . non union,lower pay then road drivers make.

sppollock

Not bad two out of three soon to be 4 with DLH if this crap of a contract passes...

Skeeter...

I know, the what are they going to call the subcontractors doing all the p & d routes, they cant becalled LHD drivers, what new name are they going to call them next contract, utility drivers?

Avalon

Avalon
Just curious thinking about applying for one of the two.

To the best of my knowlegde it depends on what the division of UPS the job is for. Ups freight has "road drivers" and UPS package has "tractor trailer drivers" or better known as "feeder drivers".