Is there another better then a well timed Election day?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Maninbrown used his optional day Friday (used to be Election Day), so he received 8 hours pay plus double time for all hours worked.

I know why the union negotiated to make it optional for flexibility, but it was much more fun on Election day!

oldupsman

Maninbrown used his optional day Friday (used to be Election Day), so he received 8 hours pay plus double time for all hours worked.

I know why the union negotiated to make it optional for flexibility, but it was much more fun on Election day!

Started with UPS in 1975. And I have no idea what you're talking about. Triple time for Election Day? Never
heard of it.

ManInBrown

One of the two option days in my local can be used in this fashion. You can take a paid day. Or you can work and get 8 straight and DT for all hours worked. When you take the latter option it's called Election Day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what I do. I do it a week ahead of time though just to be safe.

The only problem with that is it may kick in earlier that you would like. Generally you can adjust your W-4 anytime after 3 pm or so on the Wednesday before the payday that you are concerned about.

I do this whenever I go on vacation. I zero out my 401k and adjust my W-4 to 9.

DOK

The only problem with that is it may kick in earlier that you would like. Generally you can adjust your W-4 anytime after 3 pm or so on the Wednesday before the payday that you are concerned about.

And how do you zero out 401k? I'd like to adjust my withholding percentage, just don't know where or how to do that.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

So you adjust your withholding to pay less taxes and zero your 401k to pay more taxes?