Is there any info on drivers with dui's?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
upjon5,

Welcome to the Brown Cafe.

This thread welcomes new people such as yourself, I would try posting your question in the UPS discussions forum.

InTheRed

I believe the contract states clearly that your job will be held for a maximum of 1 year. Anything more than that and there is no obligation for the company to keep you.

Of course, if you get a DUI and aren't up-front about it (I believe the contract states you have 1 business day to notify the employer), you can be tossed for integrity.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
First DUI---mandatory rehab, must be asessed by SAP (substance abuse professional) and successfuly complete rehab before returning to driving. Must have license reinstated. Job will be held for max of one year. Must sign "last chance" agreement. During license suspension, employee may displace least senior PT worker in hub/preload.

Second DUI---bye bye forever.

ups1990

Our center has had 3 drivers get DUI's within the year. It's usually a driver you wouldn't expect to get one. Please guys, be careful.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
We had at least a dozen or more over the years lose their jobs. Drugs too, not just booze.

UPS went down the path of rehab with them, but they wouldnt.

There are many more that got the idea, and modified their behavior.

d

sealbasher

First DUI---mandatory rehab, must be asessed by SAP (substance abuse professional) and successfuly complete rehab before returning to driving. Must have license reinstated. Job will be held for max of one year. Must sign "last chance" agreement. During license suspension, employee may displace least senior PT worker in hub/preload.

Second DUI---bye bye forever.

thats not in our contract

sealbasher

I believe the contract states clearly that your job will be held for a maximum of 1 year. Anything more than that and there is no obligation for the company to keep you.

Of course, if you get a DUI and aren't up-front about it (I believe the contract states you have 1 business day to notify the employer), you can be tossed for integrity.

her it says you can not be fired for loss of lisence just moved to other work unless they dont need you anywhere else

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Our center has had 3 drivers get DUI's within the year. It's usually a driver you wouldn't expect to get one. Please guys, be careful.

Useually when i know i am going to be driving i try to limit myself to a twelve pack. i mean, i feel no pain but can almost understand what is going on so i figure i will be okay............. :happy2: