Is there anything I can do about this?

UPSRook

I was laid off last year after peak as a seasonal hire. I showed up everyday on time and worked quickly, did what I was told, and never complained. There were even times when I had to pick up slack for people not showing up or showing up late. My supervisor told me I would definitely be called back in by June/July 2013. I just called Human Resources and they told me my status is negative rehire and I would have to wait for corporate to investigate why. He couldn't give me a timeframe for the investigation. I remain skeptical that it will actually happen.

I actually liked working there and was wondering what I could do about this if anything.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I was laid off last year after peak as a seasonal hire. I showed up everyday on time and worked quickly, did what I was told, and never complained. There were even times when I had to pick up slack for people not showing up or showing up late. My supervisor told me I would definitely be called back in by June/July 2013. I just called Human Resources and they told me my status is negative rehire and I would have to wait for corporate to investigate why. He couldn't give me a timeframe for the investigation. I remain skeptical that it will actually happen.

I actually liked working there and was wondering what I could do about this if anything.

Get in touch with your FT/PT sup and see if they'll put in a good word for you to reverse the negative hire, if you can. That will get things fixed a lot faster than waiting on HR to churn out e-mails. Other than that, there's not much else that can be done.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You just saved a load of money on Tylenol or Advil, whichever is your preference. Read a few threads here. You will find the "liked working there" is like eating a giant bag of sunflower seeds. The first half of the bag is good, but by the time you've polished off the whole bag, the salt has burned the taste buds off your tongue, and you've sworn off the seeds.

The only difference is UPS burns hotter and much, much longer than salt.

UPSRook

Get in touch with your FT/PT sup and see if they'll put in a good word for you to reverse the negative hire, if you can. That will get things fixed a lot faster than waiting on HR to churn out e-mails. Other than that, there's not much else that can be done.

Ok thanks. I'm not sure I'll be able to but I'll see if I can reach him.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You just saved a load of money on Tylenol or Advil, whichever is your preference. Read a few threads here. You will find the "liked working there" is like eating a giant bag of sunflower seeds. The first half of the bag is good, but by the time you've polished off the whole bag, the salt has burned the taste buds off your tongue, and you've sworn off the seeds.

The only difference is UPS burns hotter and much, much longer than salt.
That.....was an awesome analogy....with one exception. The first quarter of the bag is good lol.

UPSGUY72

Apparently what you thing is working quickly and UPS are 2 different things.....

upschick95

Sorry but this is what they do to seasonal help blow smoke up your butt and then send you on your way while they laugh the whole time that they got you to work like a dog.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was laid off last year after peak as a seasonal hire. I showed up everyday on time and worked quickly, did what I was told, and never complained. There were even times when I had to pick up slack for people not showing up or showing up late. My supervisor told me I would definitely be called back in by June/July 2013. I just called Human Resources and they told me my status is negative rehire and I would have to wait for corporate to investigate why. He couldn't give me a timeframe for the investigation. I remain skeptical that it will actually happen. I actually liked working there and was wondering what I could do about this if anything.
No

browntroll

if you can get a sup to put in a good word then you might be rehired but i have seen this twice before. one guy was a permanent
and opted to move to another hub but quit during transfer he got lucky and was rehired after sup put in a good word to hr.
the second guy was also a seasonal hire but he was unable to get rehired they also didnt give him an explanation.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Become a plumber or electrician. Guys on my route live in bigger- nicer homes than me and are home by 4 pm.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
HR claimed to have no reason and said I have to wait find for corporate to investigate and find out why.
I think they're selling you a bill of goods. I'm not saying there isn't a no rehire status on your file, but I seriously doubt corporate is going to take the time to investigate the reasons why. Not for a seasonal employee...it's easier to simply hire another one.