Is there anything you can recommend? Security? HR? I just want him to stop

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Have your new husband impress upon him that he needs to stop. Now.
I had an abusive stalker, a former boyfriend, I have no idea why I ever liked him now that I look back. But he would not leave me alone when I finally said I would rather be dead than deal with him any longer. I meant it. We had no kids Thank the Good Lord, or I would have been forced to deal with him longer, I dont know your situation. He would come and follow me around on my route. he burned my uniforms. he put mu vehicle up on cement blocks 5 high, I dont know how. I would call the police, they would drag him away warn him, etc. Wouldnt do a thing to protect me. I moved. 70 miles away.
After I moved he started harrassing my family, that was the end, I told my son to give him my new phone number.
He called and my new boyfriend now my husband and hero, who had a reputation for beating up bullies, talked to him for 1 minute. Told him he knew him, where he lived, and is very familiar with the address. And ask anyone from said town about said person, if you do not know who I am. One more harrassment and he would reach out and touch him. Never heard another peep.
Bullies dont like bigger bullies.
I only hope that your situation could be worked out as easily. Sometimes the law, the rules, dont work on some people. But when they know they could get their :censored2: in a snair, they quit.

No, I am not toonertoo's boyfriend/husband/hero... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
If I ever met her husband, I'd be proud to by buy him a beer...and his wife one as well.

I HATE BULLIES!!!

UPSfor5

It does not benefit me in any way to have him fired. He would have even more time on his hands to follow and harrass me and my family. If I go straight to the courts, he will be arrested again. I was hoping that someone above him could help get him to stop. EVen transfer him away. I'll call the help line and maybe HR tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone!

BTW, there is not a new husband or boyfriend. He scares everyone away. Just me and the children and he also reaches out to harrass my parents as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not benefit me in any way to have him fired. He would have even more time on his hands to follow and harrass me and my family. If I go straight to the courts, he will be arrested again. I was hoping that someone above him could help get him to stop. EVen transfer him away. I'll call the help line and maybe HR tomorrow.

Sorry, it's a tricky situation. There are the rules of the company and there is what you are looking to achieve. Maybe you could friend or find friends who know a cop who could give him a more "personal" talk on how it would be in his best interests to behave himself.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Thanks to everyone!

BTW, there is not a new husband or boyfriend. He scares everyone away. Just me and the children and he also reaches out to harrass my parents as well.
Who knows what this person is doing at UPS....you mention "benefit me in any way". What about those in his path who cannot avoid him, like you can? ( or attempt to)

UPSfor5

Sleeve,
I want him to stop. My saying that (I don't benefit) is that I don't gain any happiness from him being fired, but you are right.

First, he can't be doing what he is supposed to be at work, because he is on the computer doing personal, non-UPS business. Also, he has been in trouble before, for following a UPS fellow mananger and taking pictures of them and telling everyone they were dating another employee. He kept a "file" on this person (the other manager). When he got in trouble that time, he was told he was being moved to a job where he would travel more. That is when he was spinning out of control and we left. Maybe moving him to another place would help. I do know he was moved to where he does not directly supervise any people. However, he enjoys a nice salary and 6 weeks of vacation a year. I have also heard they won't fire him because he has been there too long.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sleeve,
I want him to stop. My saying that (I don't benefit) is that I don't gain any happiness from him being fired, but you are right.

First, he can't be doing what he is supposed to be at work, because he is on the computer doing personal, non-UPS business. Also, he has been in trouble before, for following a UPS fellow mananger and taking pictures of them and telling everyone they were dating another employee. He kept a "file" on this person (the other manager). When he got in trouble that time, he was told he was being moved to a job where he would travel more. That is when he was spinning out of control and we left. Maybe moving him to another place would help. I do know he was moved to where he does not directly supervise any people. However, he enjoys a nice salary and 6 weeks of vacation a year. I have also heard they won't fire him because he has been there too long.

There is a tendency for UPS to do this until the person gets to 55 but there are limits.
This does fly in the face of dire predictions by Soberups, the sage of Brown Cafe, that once a management person reaches 50, the company will look for any reason to fire them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have seen a 30 year plus supervisor fired for sexual harassment, so they aren't exactly safe if they are close to retirement. One thing to consider in this situation, is that the management person needs to pay child support and maybe alimony depending on what state they are in. I wish the original poster luck. Some people just go crazy over time and make a difficult situation much worse.

BrownSuit

The UPS Help Line that was referenced earlier would be a great resource even for somebody outside the company. They will still collect the information and forward the complaint to the appropriate HR department. Given some of the changes in company e-mail, I would say this is not a smart move, even if he deletes it locally, all e-mail is automatically saved for at least one year, with the ability for it to be saved longer on the server side.

barnyard

KTM rider
Please take care of this with UPS. He will be fired and then he should be arrested. A guy at my center was fired for the same type of activity. He tried to hurt some coworkers and then killed himself. It could have been a horrible, horrible situation. Please do what you can to not be 'that family.'

Until he is taken care of, it will escalate.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im sorry, I thought you said you were remarried. Reading it twice I see you said you had been divorced 5 yrs. My bad. Now I see my situation was much, much easier. Not that a new hubby can fix anything but yes terrorist exs make it hard to begin a new life.
Having him fired hurts you, no child support, or alimony. So I do not know what I would do. PM me if you would like to know what I would really do.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No, I am not toonertoo's boyfriend/husband/hero... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
If I ever met her husband, I'd be proud to by buy him a beer...and his wife one as well.

I HATE BULLIES!!!
Thanks bubble head. I only wish the op could find the same peace. Hubby dont drink, but Ill drink for him, LOL. One advantage of marrying a non drinker is you deal with the same person all the time. That was in my priority category for a new partner.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Thanks to everyone!

Sleeve,

Translation: He don't get paid, I don't get paid.

The answer is just that simple.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Brownpast, I'm sorry for your situation. One of my family members is dealing with some very nasty post-divorce hostility from her ex-husband. He just can't seem to let the anger go and move on with his life. It creates a lot of stress and chaos for her so I do have an idea of what you are going through.

I too have a situation where a former member of this forum that is a UPS manager has been harassing me for a couple of years. The thing that brings this to mind is that he recently posted elsewhere that he thought he should put his status as divorced from Cheryl. I've never met him... he's spent so much time maliciously trying to defame me, injure my reputation and also harass and demean the moderators here that I'm about ready to contact someone at UPS about it.

Many of the ip's that he uses are UPS ip's so I know some of the time he's doing this from work. I know his real name and location and have screen shots and a timeline of malicious activity. I've got the documentation, now I need to find out if there's an existing policy or protocol in place.

Wouldn't it be weird if it's the same guy?

Does this Guy wear a Tie?

Sounds like someone we know....