Is there still a need for the union?

Over70irregs

Former Starbucks CEO says there is a macro reason for union push? (Is this how CEO’s really feel? Contract coming up yall…)

Last edited:

Commercial Inside Release

Probably just wants leverage to pressure the government into more hand outs, more aid to crybaby zoomers, so they can thwart unionization. Playing their pal, when he really would rather have the Walmart model of doing business - workers on welfare. Only a healthy economy can support good benefits for part-timers, especially if they're selling $10 coffees.

Coffee in your parents basement is free. Especially at 2pm, while they are gone for work.

Over70irregs

Idk how I feel about them unionizing. If they do cool-whatever. Striving to be a Starbucks worker as a career kind of weird though.
Just let them express their rights. What they don’t need is someone defending their rights illegally like corporate is doing. No bueno

qdg2

A job at UPS used to be a premier job. Now.... only in terms of benefits and pay.
I can't recall ever telling anyone I liked working at UPS except for the benefits and pay......

Package car needs no explanation....

Feeders.....working 20 years at night.....having no chance of a day road job(with 42 years seniority)(in a 250 driver feeder department).

There wasn't any transfers....or other career paths.....working for or going UPS Mgt. needs no explanation.

UPS is still a "good" job.....premier too.......compared to Amazon or just about most others.

Trucker Clock

How many of us do yo think dreamed of growing up to push cardboard one day?

Well, I'm sure most of us dreamed of having a job to support a family and live comfortably.

You can make $40K pouring coffee all day.

You can make $100K pushing cardboard all day.

I'm sure a garbage man (sanitation engineer) didn't dream of dumping trash all day, but it is a good living.

ManInBrown

Do people not realize That if we weren’t unionized we’d all be making $20 an hour and have horrible working conditions? If you can’t see that you’re clueless. The upside that comes with being unionized is priceless. They can’t be measured. Even if the teamsters are a shell of what they once were which many think, the benefits far outweigh any downside some might see.

Last edited:

Trucker Clock

Do people not realize That if we weren’t unionized we’d all be making $20 an hour and have horrible working conditions? If you can’t see that you’re clueless. The upside that comes with being unionized is priceless. They can’t be measured. Even if the teamsters are a shell of what they once were which many think, the benefits far outweigh any downside some might see.

The unions also help the non union companies.

The non union companies pay their drivers more than they want to, but just enough to keep them somewhat happy so as not to unionize.