Is this allowed...???

ThatOnePreloader

Unprofessional Professional
Ran air to drivers today (I was requested to). I'm 19. Is this allowed or what because of the 21+ rule for drivers and "proposed" PVD drivers??? Just curious lol

Star B

White Lightening
Wow, two FedEx responses before one UPSer. We must have not enough work... (cept for me, and there's other reasons for it)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ran air to drivers today (I was requested to). I'm 19. Is this allowed or what because of the 21+ rule for drivers and "proposed" PVD drivers??? Just curious lol
What local are you in?

Also, what did the drivers say when they say you in your own car?

ThatOnePreloader

What local are you in?

Also, what did the drivers say when they say you in your own car?

It's a normal practice in our center with late air, especially during peak. I think I'm in local 767. I was however told by a driver that your driving pay progression starts the day you run late air, even in your own vehicle??? I don't plan on driving as a career but it was interesting nonetheless.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is this allowed

Yes. Covered in Article 40.

Even though you may not be an air exception driver, you were today.

21+ rule for drivers and "proposed" PVD drivers

Does not apply to employees shuttling packages to drivers. You are not delivering them.

We must have not enough work...

Guess not.

I was however told by a driver that your driving pay progression starts the day you run late air, even in your own vehicle???

He is wrong.

I don't mind it since overtime hours but shouldn't the pay rate be more comparable to PVD and not my 16.50 (OT) rate

You are not delivering packages, you are shuttling them. You may be able to grieve mileage and air exception rate, though.

If you have an accident while driving your vehicle for UPS, your insurance might deny your claim.

Covered in Article 40

sounds like your getting bamboozled

you're

Not really. He didn't have to do it. Guess he wanted some extra OT.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Does not apply to employees shuttling packages to drivers. You are not delivering them.

Guess not.

He is wrong.

You are not delivering packages, you are shuttling them. You may be able to grieve mileage and air exception rate, though.

Covered in Article 40

you're

insurance wont cover him if he has an accident in his car, and he will have to fight ups if he gets in one. Seen it happen, union did nothing, one of those catch 22 things ups gets people on

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Guess not.

He is wrong.

Covered in Article 40

you're

and you should also use you're the other way and spell it out and use you are

ThatOnePreloader

My experience was that the two year path to top rate air exception pay started from the first day I punched in as a 5E.

So if OP was punched in as an air exception driver, his clock should be rolling.
I was told I was SUPPOSED to after the fact by one of our air drivers and that I should have started progression on that exact day, but I never even got the chance to clock in as one. I was made to clock in as preload.