Is this just my location?

Mythical Methods

In the last four months our center has been out right jerks about mis-loads to most of us. I was wondering if this is going on nationwide, district wide, or just mainly where I am at? I am not sure what the ordeal is. We can have two mis-loads in our entire center with a volume of 10,000 and the sups go insane.

Monday it was knocked up a notch and they had this huge meeting with everyone who had mis-loads. This is up from the verbal warnings, the written letters, but hasn't hit suspension yet. Some of the loaders are literally scared they are going to lose their jobs, I am not because quite frankly they are setting us up to fail and I document all of this.

I blame most of this on management setting the team up to fail. They let countless people go home everyday. We will be loading for thirty minutes to half a shift before we get our truck placards, our bulk reports, sometimes before there is even a truck there to load so you are just stacking, ect. They move people to pulls they have never seen in their life, with no training, and expected to run a perfect pull with no mis-loads. Stuff comes down the wrong belts that are on the other side of the building.

They cut stuff from routes and move it to another one only to move it back again. They try to blame it on the flow rate, which I admit sucks. The supervisor they have back there is an awesome guy, and he cares about his job. He does everything he can to make sure it runs smoothly, but there is way to much going on in that one area with the number of people they give him back there to even consider running it smoothly. It happens because they send people home and then take his guys to load trucks, so he ends up short handed. I actually feel sorry for the guy, and I can't stand how they use him as a whipping boy, and I am a Union Man. If I could take up for him some way I would.

I want to know at what point I can start filing on some of this, and what Articles does this fall under.

If this puts it in prospective it is starting to get to the point that even our senior drivers are scratching their heads asking WTF. A driver I know well asked me this morning if this is progressively getting worse from management. He told me to file for harassment without me even asking or saying anything to him about it. I have considered it but I don't think it would carry any weight. Also, I am not afraid to file on anything as long as it is legit, true, and will work.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Use common sense, man. If they are putting the full court press on you guys for misloads, then my suggestion would be for you loaders to be very deliberate in loading your package cars. Better to be slow and accurate then fast and inaccurate. Help them with their problem.

Then next week, you can look forward to their newfound concern with the PPH counts. But at least get the packages on the right trucks, no matter how long it takes. It sounds like you're more worried about getting done in a certain time frame than being done right.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The acceptable numbers are set in Atlanta , your sups are the bottom rung of the mgt. ladder . Meaning you can never win .
So act like at fool who doesn't give a damn, they'll soon get tired of you and move on to someone else that they can abuse .

PT Car Washer

You don't hear me complaining about misloads. I make an extra hundred dollars a day running misloads around. Management causes the problem by trying to over work under paid employees to the point where nobody cares.

wayfair

swollen member
If I mis-delivered like my preloader misloads, I'd be suprised if I still had a job the next day.

Slow down and get it on the right PC safely!

Dr.Brownz

In the last four months our center has been out right jerks about mis-loads to most of us. I was wondering if this is going on nationwide, district wide, or just mainly where I am at? I am not sure what the ordeal is. We can have two mis-loads in our entire center with a volume of 10,000 and the sups go insane.

Monday it was knocked up a notch and they had this huge meeting with everyone who had mis-loads. This is up from the verbal warnings, the written letters, but hasn't hit suspension yet. Some of the loaders are literally scared they are going to lose their jobs, I am not because quite frankly they are setting us up to fail and I document all of this.

I blame most of this on management setting the team up to fail. They let countless people go home everyday. We will be loading for thirty minutes to half a shift before we get our truck placards, our bulk reports, sometimes before there is even a truck there to load so you are just stacking, ect. They move people to pulls they have never seen in their life, with no training, and expected to run a perfect pull with no mis-loads. Stuff comes down the wrong belts that are on the other side of the building.

They cut stuff from routes and move it to another one only to move it back again. They try to blame it on the flow rate, which I admit sucks. The supervisor they have back there is an awesome guy, and he cares about his job. He does everything he can to make sure it runs smoothly, but there is way to much going on in that one area with the number of people they give him back there to even consider running it smoothly. It happens because they send people home and then take his guys to load trucks, so he ends up short handed. I actually feel sorry for the guy, and I can't stand how they use him as a whipping boy, and I am a Union Man. If I could take up for him some way I would.

I want to know at what point I can start filing on some of this, and what Articles does this fall under.

If this puts it in prospective it is starting to get to the point that even our senior drivers are scratching their heads asking WTF. A driver I know well asked me this morning if this is progressively getting worse from management. He told me to file for harassment without me even asking or saying anything to him about it. I have considered it but I don't think it would carry any weight. Also, I am not afraid to file on anything as long as it is legit, true, and will work.

File on everything, especially sups working.

GenericUsername

They were pushing this crap on us a month or two ago. I solved the issue quickly by carrying only one box into the PC at a time, making sure I wrote the number on it per their direction, placed it numerically, and went back to the belt. I did everything right, pivoting, looking before stepping, etc. The end result was that 50% of my boxes were passing me. They yelled and all I simply told them was that I'm working their methods to the best of my ability. They kept being d*s, so I filed a harassment grievance every single time one of them talked to me about anything other than my numbers for the day prior. Eventually they moved on to the next person and I went back to loading like usual. I haven't had direct contact with our Preload Manager since then until this morning when he asked me a question about the guy ahead of me having an issue with his set.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
They were pushing this crap on us a month or two ago. I solved the issue quickly by carrying only one box into the PC at a time, making sure I wrote the number on it per their direction, placed it numerically, and went back to the belt. I did everything right, pivoting, looking before stepping, etc. The end result was that 50% of my boxes were passing me. They yelled and all I simply told them was that I'm working their methods to the best of my ability. They kept being d*s, so I filed a harassment grievance every single time one of them talked to me about anything other than my numbers for the day prior. Eventually they moved on to the next person and I went back to loading like usual. I haven't had direct contact with our Preload Manager since then until this morning when he asked me a question about the guy ahead of me having an issue with his set.

Well your your are full of it...if you really know the methods you would know its not a one box carry every time. So for anybody reading this and you a pre-loader stack like packages together as they come down that belt and pull them to the package car.

PT Car Washer

Well your your are full of it...if you really know the methods you would know its not a one box carry every time. So for anybody reading this and you a pre-loader stack like packages together as they come down that belt and pull them to the package car.
Kind of hard to do that when you have 50lb. boxes, over weights, damaged boxes and irregs all coming at you at once and falling on the floor around you. Not all of us work in the dragon BOG.

Overpaid Union Thug

They were pushing this crap on us a month or two ago. I solved the issue quickly by carrying only one box into the PC at a time, making sure I wrote the number on it per their direction,

The more corporate pushes the issue of writing sequence numbers (THAT ARE ALEADY ON THE PALs!) on the boxes the more misloads sky rocket. Not to mention load quality. This company wants to fail. That is the only logical explanation for their decisions.

PT Car Washer

The more corporate pushes the issue of writing sequence numbers (THAT ARE ALEADY ON THE PALs!) on the boxes the more misloads sky rocket. Not to mention load quality. This company wants to fail. That is the only logical explanation for their decisions.
I agree the company wants to appear to fail and then put the blame on high labor cost.

8 Hour Day

I don't know if they're doing it here, but I know most loaders have at least 4 trucks. Mine has 5. That's two too many.
I appreciate the sequence numbers on every box. Since they've started pushing that, my packages are actually loaded in the right place. This literally saves me about 40 minutes per day.

Your strategy of using their methods against them is a wise one. Just don't push your weight around too much.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't know if they're doing it here, but I know most loaders have at least 4 trucks. Mine has 5. That's two too many.
I appreciate the sequence numbers on every box. Since they've started pushing that, my packages are actually loaded in the right place. This literally saves me about 40 minutes per day.

Your strategy of using their methods against them is a wise one. Just don't push your weight around too much.
Our misloads and load quality has went into the crapper. My time in the back of the truck has also increased.

El Correcto

god is dead
insure you don't have any misloads as well, it's not your problem if the :censored2: doesn't get loaded on time. Don't let them bully you into speeding up either or stack the :censored2: on the grating, you must maintain a proper egress as well.