Is this normal when working at UPS?

Hateworkingaspreload

7.5 months into preloading at UPS, just recently my knees and hips make a cracking noise everything I bend down or squat. It doesn't hurt but very noticeable

Has this happened to you guys before? And what did you guys do to fix it? I've seen many drivers in my hub with knee sleeves, should I get one? I was also told by Hr when I was hired to get one of those soft insole things for my boots? Will it help?

Hateworkingaspreload

My lower back is always sore, could I have hurt myself?

I load one of the heaviest sets in my building, all the trucks go to those science/medicine companies and each piece usually goes from 25-77lbs. I also get enough irreg's to block my walk away each morning

2 trailers, 3 trucks. Both trailers are 300 pieces each on average, a good day is 270. 2 trucks are 280 pieces each and 1 truck is Costco which is about 100 pieces, I get at least 12 sets of tires each day.

Hateworkingaspreload

I talked to my shop steward on Friday the 22nd and grieved my building manager because he refused to let me bump people with less seniority than me. Just last night Monday 4/25, I was supposed to start on the set I bumped and he tells me that he talked to the labor manager that I'm not allowed to bump sets even tho I have more seniority? So I ended up working at that set again. Was he playing me? Should I talk to my shop steward again?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You can disagree all you want, but I don't know of any bid/seniority preferred jobs on preload.

Maybe if you kiss a little butt.......

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My lower back is always sore, could I have hurt myself?

I load one of the heaviest sets in my building, all the trucks go to those science/medicine companies and each piece usually goes from 25-77lbs. I also get enough irreg's to block my walk away each morning

2 trailers, 3 trucks. Both trailers are 300 pieces each on average, a good day is 270. 2 trucks are 280 pieces each and 1 truck is Costco which is about 100 pieces, I get at least 12 sets of tires each day.

How is it that every preloader that comes on here bitching about whatever nonsense they can come up with
Always have the hardest pull and usually they are the hardest worker
Just wondering

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How is it that every preloader that comes on here bitching about whatever nonsense they can come up with
Always have the hardest pull and usually they are the hardest worker
Just wondering
They all say that in real life too when being disciplined. Can't think of a time when it was true.

McGee

Crying-Baby-300x187.jpg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yea, this forums is helpless. Too many grown men that I can't take seriously
I would have to disagree. The members of this forum are absolutely positively useless, but we are in no means or ways helpless to any degree. There are also alot of women on this forum whom you can't take seriously. Please refrain from such generalized statements!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I talked to my shop steward on Friday the 22nd and grieved my building manager because he refused to let me bump people with less seniority than me. Just last night Monday 4/25, I was supposed to start on the set I bumped and he tells me that he talked to the labor manager that I'm not allowed to bump sets even tho I have more seniority? So I ended up working at that set again. Was he playing me? Should I talk to my shop steward again?

Less than 8 months in and you are already sore? Sounds like they are putting too much work on you and trying to burn you out. You should quit before it gets worse, they are trying to force you out. Get out now before they run you out.

Save your knees now! You might need them sometime later!

SmallPackageBoi

Missloader
I got placed directly into small sort...sure post in fact. You don't wanna load trucks, tell your sup u are interested I'm sure they need help everywhere. If you really want to stop breaking your back, small sort with a bunch of whiny girls who don't wanna work is the place to be. And it's only truth