Is this normal when working at UPS?

km3

Irregs, sort isle, high volume pick off/splits and small sort

Would high volume pickoff be the same as charging the boxlines? That's a seniority position as well, around here. My building doesn't have a single charge that isn't staffed entirely by Article 22s.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Would high volume pickoff be the same as charging the boxlines? That's a seniority position as well, around here. My building doesn't have a single charge that isn't staffed entirely by Article 22s.
Depends on your building/local. By me....preload is preload....no PT jobs are bid jobs. High volume/sorter jobs are filled by seniority only based on past practice.

Small sort is mainly staffed by us preloaders with high seniority based on the contract article that deals with assigning work while taking the age and condition of the employees into consideration.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Are bid sheets posted for those jobs?
Depends on your building/local. By me....preload is preload....no PT jobs are bid jobs. High volume/sorter jobs are filled by seniority only based on past practice.

Small sort is mainly staffed by us preloaders with high seniority based on the contract article that deals with assigning work while taking the age and condition of the employees into consideration.
Under the southern supplement part time classification bids go up every 6 months for sorter, small sort, and irreg positions, among others. You can also sign to switch to load or unload.

That being said, for the most part it seems like these lists are ignored by everyone.

bagpipes

Follow the methods
Take care of yourself
Use whatever you need to work safely - insoles etc
Take stretching seriously

If you do all this and still have issues, either:
Suck it up (it will get easier, so stop whining)
Admit preload is not for you and try to get into SS
Admit UPS is not for you and quit

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Under the southern supplement part time classification bids go up every 6 months for sorter, small sort, and irreg positions, among others. You can also sign to switch to load or unload.

That being said, for the most part it seems like these lists are ignored by everyone.

It's been a while, but I know we didn't have the classification bids here.

That said, it seems to me as though the OP wants to bump into an easier set of trucks to load. There is no bid procedure for that.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
7.5 months into preloading at UPS, just recently my knees and hips make a cracking noise everything I bend down or squat. It doesn't hurt but very noticeable

Has this happened to you guys before? And what did you guys do to fix it? I've seen many drivers in my hub with knee sleeves, should I get one? I was also told by Hr when I was hired to get one of those soft insole things for my boots? Will it help?
Go talk to a chiropractor.