Is this true regarding pt next day air driver delivering ground

BUCN85

I work pre-load and next day air. After I did my air today I was sent to help a driver with ground. Now I already know I get driver wage for the day. But he told me that under contract if I file a grievance they must give me a FT driver position. I never heard this before. Is this true?

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

PT Car Washer

Take the money and smile all the way to the bank. UPS does not mind paying you top ground rate as they are still only paying you PT benefits. Some of us career PTers do pretty good with this arrangement.

BUCN85

So then I should get top rate for this day? Not $18.10?

PT Car Washer

Where does $18.10 come from? Our top rate is $32.29. I know this because I just looked at my paystub. 6 different rates on it. UPS does not always get my pay right, but that's too bad, I'm not giving it back.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You get top rate any day u deliver 1 ground package. Not sure but I think you get paid top rate for ALL hours worked that day.

PT Car Washer

You get top rate any day u deliver 1 ground package. Not sure but I think you get paid top rate for ALL hours worked that day.
In my building we get top rate when we drive and deliver or pick up ground. Preload or hub or other PT work is paid at your PT rate and OT after 8 hours instead of 5 hours. Which is why I have 6 different rates. 3 straight time rates and 3 OT rates.

Brownslave688

In my building we get top rate when we drive and deliver or pick up ground. Preload or hub or other PT work is paid at your PT rate and OT after 8 hours instead of 5 hours. Which is why I have 6 different rates. 3 straight time rates and 3 OT rates.
That's sounds like one heck of a nightmare. On your part at least. Hard to make sure you aren't getting shorted.

PT Car Washer

That's sounds like one heck of a nightmare. On your part at least. Hard to make sure you aren't getting shorted.
I make a lot more then I can spend in a week so I try not to worry too much about it. I worry more about being charged with "stealing time", even though I just work as directed.

BUCN85

I don't know where this came from. Long day and wasn't thinking straight. 435 preload start then drove till 6pm. I already knew I get top rate for hours on road. This has happened to me before. But I didn't think the FT position was correct.

BUCN85

Anybody know when summer seasonal starts? Just curious if they are going to try to say that's what that was and I don't get top rate

PT Car Washer

Much better off staying PT and driving at top rate then to take a seasonal job and pay. Have seen several PTers take the seasonal job thinking they would be guaranteed their hours. Nope, just used and abused. Our seasonal time is Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Brownslave688

Anybody know when summer seasonal starts? Just curious if they are going to try to say that's what that was and I don't get top rate

As long as you are PT air driver you get full driver pay for delivering ground. Doesn't matter if its seasonal period or not.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Unless you sign a seasonal agreement you are still an air driver delivering ground. When that happens you make top rate. You have to work 30 days of a 90 day period delivering ground to gain seniority as a full time driver. Even the days in the free period of May, June and July count toward that unless you sign the seasonal agreement. Seasonals make $16.10/hr

BUCN85

I did sign the seasonal agreement However since it's not seasonal period yet I should be good for FT pay. And I have done ground 3 times in the past 3 weeks. Something to keep an eye on I guess