Is this worth to be worrying my job over?

Madgreek

I hit one of these and reported it. First accident in 4 years. What happens
IMG_20221201_094611_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PCM Troll

It's a Tier 1 accident. If there is no damage to a customer's property, then they probably won't even charge you with an accident.

nWo

So my supervisor is new and said that the "county could come after us" if he wants to ding me an accident should I fight it?

Yeah that's the thing. If owner of said stick wants to fuss about it you will probably be charged for an accident. If they say no it's just a stupid stick you will be fine. Even if you do get charged with an accident it's a tier 1. It would just be a warning letter. Important thing is you reported it. So you covered your butt. And yes always protest the warning letter.

Madgreek

Yeah that's the thing. If owner of said stick wants to fuss about it you will probably be charged for an accident. If they say no it's just a stupid stick you will be fine. Even if you do get charged with an accident it's a tier 1. It would just be a warning letter. Important thing is you reported it. So you covered your butt. And yes always protest the warning letter.

You ran over it that’s how
Well it's reported so can't get fired for it lol.

Madgreek

On that note. I am allowed 3 accidents in a year right? This year is almost over let's say I get in another one next year what happens?

rod

Retired 22 years
I've seen drivers charged with an accident for hitting sticks, branches, birds, a small rock that wore some tread on a tire when the guy was trying to get unstuck and just about anything else. I don't know how it is now but they used to enjoy charging people with any accident.

nWo

The stick has probably been hit dozens of times before. And if you said nothing it's likely that nobody would even notice. Point is. It's so minor I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Is it at the end of someone's driveway? Or an alleyway?

Madgreek

I've seen drivers charged with an accident for hitting sticks, branches, birds, a small rock that wore some tread on a tire when the guy was trying to get unstuck and just about anything else. I don't know how it is now but they used to enjoy charging people with any accident.
I call 🧢