Is ups freight going brown ???

O

OldSnake63

im a city driver out of RIA, and 2 weeks ago we got a new tractor . the tractor was all brown like the feeder trucks . the only differance is that it says ups freight below the shield on the door . another thing i was told by management that our gray shirts are being phased out very soon .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS does move slowly. I vowed I would not retire until all UPS Freight equipment and uniforms had all UPS Freight branding on it ... is retirement in my near future?

sppollock

UPS does move slowly. I vowed I would not retire until all UPS Freight equipment and uniforms had all UPS Freight branding on it ... is retirement in my near future?

It's nice to know that you will be around for a long time then. Does UPS Freight branding include the sticker on the side of the door? If so than it looks like you are just waiting for the trailers.

O

OldSnake63

heres a pic of the truck i was talking about
!cid__2011-06-28_17-57-58_913.jpg

raceanoncr

im a city driver out of RIA, and 2 weeks ago we got a new tractor . the tractor was all brown like the feeder trucks . the only differance is that it says ups freight below the shield on the door . another thing i was told by management that our gray shirts are being phased out very soon .

That's just going to make it easier to mesh the two companies. When parcel side is out of tractors, they can just come over and get one or more of yours! Simple! More simple? Parcel can now go pick up YOUR trailers and haul them when parcel drivers are laid off since most parcel drivers have more seniority than EARTH!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Driving back from Vegas this morning and noticed lots of doubles......all but one set were not with the UPS shield. The odd one was the silvery trailer, no shield and looked mis-matched. Saw many more UPS than FDX.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's just going to make it easier to mesh the two companies. When parcel side is out of tractors, they can just come over and get one or more of yours! Simple! More simple? Parcel can now go pick up YOUR trailers and haul them when parcel drivers are laid off since most parcel drivers have more seniority than EARTH!

Come on...we all know its so they can lay off all of the overpaid ups package feeder drivers and use 1/3 the cost ups freight drivers when they faze feeder drivers out in the next contract...would surprise me one bit!

Buckethead

When i hear someone say overpaid, envious is the word that comes to mind. Everyone has the opportunity to become one of the so-called
"overpaid", in any occupation. Everyone cuts their own deal.

O

OldSnake63

ups freight drivers will top out at $26.15 very soon so your 1/3 less doesnt really add up . ALL OF OUR work is protected under the contracts . you cant move packages through a freight hub and the package hubs cant move freight . there two differant beasts . alot of people may think that you can but the answer is no .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ups freight drivers will top out at $26.15 very soon so your 1/3 less doesnt really add up . ALL OF OUR work is protected under the contracts . you cant move packages through a freight hub and the package hubs cant move freight . there two differant beasts . alot of people may think that you can but the answer is no .

Our package has all of the equipment necessary to move freight already in place. We already process RTA furniture from Canada. We could easily process UPS freight.

H_E_Pennypacker

Large Member

Actually it was a cost driven decision. Painting all of the tractors across the entire enterprise in the same scheme is cheaper. They save a couple thousand bucks a tractor by keeping it the same as small package feeder tractors.