Is UPS small sort boring?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
On-topic, small sort is not boring. The only place in the building you'd expect UPS would be able to not jam, cram, destroy (small sort) ...they still manage to.

Ouch

You can solve all the worlds problems from the small sort. I was lucky the small sort at our hub is above everybody else and you can see all the supervisors that are working from that location. Kind of like being a sniper lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
On-topic, small sort is not boring. The only place in the building you'd expect UPS would be able to not jam, cram, destroy (small sort) ...they still manage to.
Not that loading pc's is a ton of fun...but how is bagging sureposts, filling totes with smalls or scanning envelopes NOT boring?? Hell is repetition.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
obama_oompa_loompas.jpg
That music they play over and over again there in the small sort will drive you crazy! Don't they know any other tune?
obama_oompa_loompas.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And seriously...any able bodied guys under 30 who work in small sort should be slapped upside their heads with a pottery barn box!! Grow a pair and lift some packages....JMO obviously.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not that loading pc's is a ton of fun...but how is bagging sureposts, filling totes with smalls or scanning envelopes NOT boring?? Hell is repetition.
Name me one hourly job at UPS that isn't boring and repetitious. ;D .I was just talking about "down-time", meaning the slow pace/boring factor. The small sorts get crushed in our hub, especially the Twilight.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Name me one hourly job at UPS that isn't boring and repetitious. ;D .I was just talking about "down-time", meaning the slow pace/boring factor. The small sorts get crushed in our hub, especially the Twilight.
Loading trucks is not my idea of fun...but there's no time to be bored when you're getting ass raped by the flow...just sayin lol :panicsmiley: