is YRC on the comeback trail?????

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
ive been hearing some mixed things about YRC freight, some people are still saying its a sinking ship, but recently ive been reading and hearing the opposite, that they have rearrainged their finances and could bounce back to stay in bussiness. im curious as to anyones feedback here about YRC, obviously if they did go under it would benefit the economy and most likely UPS Freight, i wonder whats really up?

UPS4Life

They're still in trouble they just refinanced their loans and are barely making payments. Also with the fuel going cheaper you would think this would help but that's not the case because they did something along the lines of betting against the surcharge and they need a high fuel price.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ch317273

Yeh I heard the same thing but then I read the ceo welch signed a new more lucrative contract given he has supposedly turned the company around a corner in a better direction....but I heard their debt is overwhelming even with refinancing....I guess it was shocking to me when consolidated freight went under I guess yrc isn't exempt either, nor is anyone really exempt , I'd like to see yrc make it though on a personal note, but I take it they have an uphill battle, but another thing to think about it perhaps the banks will want to consistently work with them when it comes to refinancing in the future because if yrc does go down, all the banks would stand to get is old trucks and trailers, in other words I would imagine creditors would WANT to work with them to make it work rather than have them go bankrupt

UPS4Life

That's fine q4 revenue missed by 20 million. The drivers are also signing a petition to try and get the 15% they gave the company to try and get back on track and the company has already said no way will that happen. They're surviving but I wouldn't saying they're improving by any means.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ch317273

That's fine q4 revenue missed by 20 million. The drivers are also signing a petition to try and get the 15% they gave the company to try and get back on track and the company has already said no way will that happen. They're surviving but I wouldn't saying they're improving by any means.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah I heard the same thing, poor guys gave up 15% and that means any new guy hired there starts at 30% rate which is nuts I think

UPS4Life

So a good idea would be not work for yellow. Maybe the USPS they lose just as much if not more a year

Sent using BrownCafe App

ch317273

Yep well said.... I was thinking of going to yrc before I landed ups freight glad it worked out that way

ch317273

I still hope they make it through though would mean a lotta guys OUTTA work but I guess that would also increase tonnage for us though on the flip side