Isn't it funny...

Asinine

When a loader gets yelled at by their part time supervisor for doing something that is being a lot more beneficial and efficient to the belt as a whole instead of what they were asked?

I witnessed this today on the belt I had changed to due to them getting slammed on a day to day basis. Basically, the supervisor had put me and another older fellow in one trailer that was unusually slow, something I could handle on my own. He noticed this, so he went back to doing I assume his other jobs around the belt (missort slide, etc) because I could tell he didn't load often. Well, next thing you know the PART TIME supervisor who let me tell you, is probably as old as the loader, maybe later 40s, early 50s, is in this man's face about him not being in the trailer.

Moral: And supervisors wonder why their belts get backed up ;).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A word of advice--you do your job and let him do his job. If you feel a change should be made suggest it to your sup--don't just make the change on your own.

Nimnim

The Nim
If something goes wrong they don't care you may have taken care of things you were not asked to do. They care if you've done what you've been told to do.

If you want to "improve" efficiency get into IE. Otherwise those decisions are above your paygrade.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The contract simply states employee will work to the employers best interests . If no supervisor had previously had a problem with free movement or "moving to the work", then tough cookies. I have been in this situation before and believe me, the supervisors learn the best option if you are consistent.

Integrity

Binge Poster
When a loader gets yelled at by their part time supervisor for doing something that is being a lot more beneficial and efficient to the belt as a whole instead of what they were asked?

I witnessed this today on the belt I had changed to due to them getting slammed on a day to day basis. Basically, the supervisor had put me and another older fellow in one trailer that was unusually slow, something I could handle on my own. He noticed this, so he went back to doing I assume his other jobs around the belt (missort slide, etc) because I could tell he didn't load often. Well, next thing you know the PART TIME supervisor who let me tell you, is probably as old as the loader, maybe later 40s, early 50s, is in this man's face about him not being in the trailer.

Moral: And supervisors wonder why their belts get backed up ;).
Asinine,

What do you mean by "in this man's face"?

Sincerely,
I