issues with union dues

nick12ivi

Hello. I work at the chelmsford mass hub, and am a member of the local 25. When i was hired, i was told repeatedly that starting with my second paycheck, for 16 weeks i would pay 32 dollars to pay the 500$ initiation fee, and THEN pay the 49 dollar union dues for 5 weeks. This week is my last week paying off the 500$, however they took union dues as well, when i was repeatedly told that would start next week. I even have papers from when i was hired saying that. If i talk to human resources, would they be able to fix this? I really cant afford to pay 32 dollars AND 49 dollars in the same week

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hello. I work at the chelmsford mass hub, and am a member of the local 25. When i was hired, i was told repeatedly that starting with my second paycheck, for 16 weeks i would pay 32 dollars to pay the 500$ initiation fee, and THEN pay the 49 dollar union dues for 5 weeks. This week is my last week paying off the 500$, however they took union dues as well, when i was repeatedly told that would start next week. I even have papers from when i was hired saying that. If i talk to human resources, would they be able to fix this? I really cant afford to pay 32 dollars AND 49 dollars in the same week
That's the breaks....I remember when I started...they did the same thing...it hurt.

Ron Carey lives on

Never heard of a 500 dollar initiation fee? Payroll takes your dues out. Call your BA or dues department, and get them on same page with payroll

Sent using BrownCafe App

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If I were you, I would quit UPS and apply for two part-time fast food restaurant jobs. Not worth it messing up your body slinging boxes and getting screwed by union and company. Luckily I was hired the year before the contract was expired, which is the best time to get hired at UPS, you get the gwi instead of crappy low raises.

nick12ivi

If I were you, I would quit UPS and apply for two part-time fast food restaurant jobs. Not worth it messing up your body slinging boxes and getting screwed by union and company. Luckily I was hired the year before the contract was expired, which is the best time to get hired at UPS, you get the gwi instead of crappy low raises.

I don't want to quit ups, i like my job ( im a loader), i like the people i work with, i just want to get paid what i should be paid

UPSGUY72

Wtf? Why a 500 dollar initiation fee? It was only 150 for local 804

Initiation fees vary by local and area. I believe I paid around $400. That would be $400 very well spent dollars.

In the New England area which I'm in they might be higher than other areas of the country. We seem to have a better run union healthcare, pension plan and less problems between management and union employees than the rest of the country...