It’s coming...

Aquaman

Had a meeting with our managing director last week. A few drivers asked him about the 2 sort rumors we’ve been hearing. He confirmed its 100% happening. Sometime early next year Express is going to 2 sorts. First shift couriers WILL be part time delivering P1. Full time couriers will deliver P2 and do pickups. We of course grilled him about all the issues this will cause. And all he would say was they’re working on it. I know a lot of people on here already know this is coming. But we have managers in our circle of stations that are lying to their drivers saying it’s just rumors. That it’s not happening. So don’t listen to these managers that are just trying to keep you through peak. The change is coming. Anybody not wanting to go 2nd shift to keep full time status needs to start shopping around for other jobs. They’re gonna dump this on you last minute.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Had a meeting with our managing director last week. A few drivers asked him about the 2 sort rumors we’ve been hearing. He confirmed its 100% happening. Sometime early next year Express is going to 2 sorts. First shift couriers WILL be part time delivering P1. Full time couriers will deliver P2 and do pickups. We of course grilled him about all the issues this will cause. And all he would say was they’re working on it. I know a lot of people on here already know this is coming. But we have managers in our circle of stations that are lying to their drivers saying it’s just rumors. That it’s not happening. So don’t listen to these managers that are just trying to keep you through peak. The change is coming. Anybody not wanting to go 2nd shift to keep full time status needs to start shopping around for other jobs. They’re gonna dump this on you last minute.
The managers are working on it? Yeah, right.

Those word are the kiss of death.

Cheesypurpletees

Maybe 100% coming, but no way is it going to 100% of stations. Regardless, job hunting is still a wise move

Serf

I’m strangely comfortable with it. Although I’m not everyone. Some folks will need the $ and hours.

McFeely

Huge Member
Last I heard about it is that it will most likely come to our station but only will affect the zip codes that contain 10:30 business/12:00 resi P1s.

I gotta wonder how many part timers they’ll have to add, as well as vehicles. They’ve already messed with a bunch of boundaries and schedules for our new commit times, now more to come. Sigh.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We had the meeting , coming in April. It won’t affect our station because we’re a smaller station. It won’t work anyway
Some district manager will visit your station, throw his or her weight around and demand that it will be implemented. FedEx has that one size fits all mentality after all.

vantexan

Some district manager will visit your station, throw his or her weight around and demand that it will be implemented. FedEx has that one size fits all mentality after all.
In stations in small rural cities that do a lot of long distance routes it won't happen. Bigger metro areas for sure.

Aquaman

In stations in small rural cities that do a lot of long distance routes it won't happen. Bigger metro areas for sure.
It’s more than likely coming to every station. The mega hubs are adding sorts. The Indy hub is adding sorts. Stations won’t be getting all their freight for the day at one time. Whether you’re a big station or small station that’s going to affect you. There will be a morning sort of pure P1. Those part timers will go out and deliver. Then later in the morning the P2 freight will roll in. Another sort. And full timers will go out, deliver, and run pickups. We brought up the truck issue. Guy didn’t care. We brought up not being able to stay out as late doing pickups. Guy didn’t care. They’re making the change. Don’t assume your station will be immune.

Serf

Last I heard about it is that it will most likely come to our station but only will affect the zip codes that contain 10:30 business/12:00 resi P1s.

I gotta wonder how many part timers they’ll have to add, as well as vehicles. They’ve already messed with a bunch of boundaries and schedules for our new commit times, now more to come. Sigh.
I agree. Just trying to put this in perspective. Monday leave the building early with about a dozen 10:30’s. And about 2 dozen 12:00’s. Every other day leave late, with usually a handful more.

dezguy

Not sure about everyone else's station but the part timers that are at the station I work at aren't exactly the most dependable. Lots of sick calls.

Be interesting to see what happens when you put P1 in the hands of a segment of the work force that really doesn't have a vested interest in whether the customer receives service.

HedleyLamarr

There will not be enough work without P1's for all the full time routes to stay full time especially after LMO is fully implemented. I am guessing quite a few couriers will be forced into PT positions.

Aquaman

There will not be enough work without P1's for all the full time routes to stay full time especially after LMO is fully implemented. I am guessing quite a few couriers will be forced into PT positions.
Well if there are no part time night routes there will be enough pickup work. Not every single night route will need to start at 11am or noon and run P2. It’s gonna be a mess. We have a station in our area that’s all 1st shift routes. Closest thing they have to night route is a few 4-10’s that do pickups till like 6pm lol. You’re gonna tell that whole station they have to go part time? Good luck with that. Maybe some old timers will drop down for a year or two to make it to retirement. But A LOT of drivers are just gonna leave.

bacha29

Well. we tried to tell them that the days of Eedex being a high stature, high quality employer were coming to an end. trouble is it's coming to an end with a suddenness and a degree of shock and awe nobody could have predicted.

Where once the wearing of an Express uniform came with a certain level of pride and honor, it has now become a symbol of embarrassment given the degree to which that company has fallen.

Then again, it's a nonunion company. They can and will do whatever they damn well please and they can made life for letter luggers even worse and if done so in the name of profit , they'll do it and not think a thing about it.

falcon back

Well. we tried to tell them that the days of Eedex being a high stature, high quality employer were coming to an end. trouble is it's coming to an end with a suddenness and a degree of shock and awe nobody could have predicted.

Where once the wearing of an Express uniform came with a certain level of pride and honor, it has now become a symbol of embarrassment given the degree to which that company has fallen.

Then again, it's a nonunion company. They can and will do whatever they damn well please and they can made life for letter luggers even worse and if done so in the name of profit , they'll do it and not think a thing about it.
This post is coming from a lazy :censored2: that was ran off and has done nothing but bitch and whine since. You were the embarrassment that was in the uniform. You wore it despite your hatred for the company and now you are obsessed with spreading your negative opinions. Must suck hating to wake up every day mad at the world because the way your life turned out.