It’s still just one step

All the outrage with top stop getting the shaft sure has quelled all the anger folks in the range we’re having. Most were expecting 2 steps from all the rumors and chatter in recent weeks. Well played Fedex.
I bet the conversation went something like this

Richard: Hey dad everywhere on social media employees are expecting a 2 step minimum increase or they’re going to revolt.

Fred: oh Lil Dicky you have so much to learn. We will just give them a step and screw the top this time.Everyone will be quiet and thankful for what they get and we will get some of those ungrateful bastards that dedicated their whole career to FedEx out of here along with their health insurance claims. Hahahahaha

Richard: Genius Dad, Can I put the memo out and a picture of me with a nice smirk on my face.

Stat41

In my opinion the midrange have gotten the shortest end of the stick over the past many years. They have gotten raises that were so anemic they were hardly worth mentioning. No excuse for a courier to work 15 to 20 years or more and not be making the money that I have been making. And just one step is not going to fix that problem for the vast majority of them. I am more than upset for the message they have sent the topped out employees, but I am equally upset about their unwillingness to address the pay inequities that exist with the others. We are all in this together. And Fedex is not with us.

!Retired!

All the outrage with top stop getting the shaft sure has quelled all the anger folks in the range we’re having. Most were expecting 2 steps from all the rumors and chatter in recent weeks. Well played Fedex.

Richard: Hey dad everywhere on social media employees are expecting a 2 step minimum increase or they’re going to revolt.

Fred: oh Lil Dicky you have so much to learn. We will just give them a step and screw the top this time.Everyone will be quiet and thankful for what they get and we will get some of those ungrateful bastards that dedicated their whole career to FedEx out of here along with their health insurance claims. Hahahahaha

Richard: Genius Dad, Can I put the memo out and a picture of me with a nice smirk on my face.
1. Anyone who believed we were going to get 2-3 steps better get their head checked, I don't care WHO told them. I've seen the posts 'My manager/SM/DM told me we were getting X and I trust/like them'. Anyone who's been with the company for any length of time should know this.
2. Did the top really get screwed? For years I've seen posts how the distance between the mid-range and top get bigger and bigger. If you could think of another way to 'close the gap', without costing a fortune, I'd like to hear it.

FYI.....the last raise put me in between steps 9 and 10. My guess is, for me, they will only complete the step and not go over. So, while steps 1-9 will get ~5%, my raise will be a whopping 1.5%.

fdxsux

1. Anyone who believed we were going to get 2-3 steps better get their head checked, I don't care WHO told them. I've seen the posts 'My manager/SM/DM told me we were getting X and I trust/like them'. Anyone who's been with the company for any length of time should know this.
2. Did the top really get screwed? For years I've seen posts how the distance between the mid-range and top get bigger and bigger. If you could think of another way to 'close the gap', without costing a fortune, I'd like to hear it.

FYI.....the last raise put me in between steps 9 and 10. My guess is, for me, they will only complete the step and not go over. So, while steps 1-9 will get ~5%, my raise will be a whopping 1.5%.
1. Yes, anybody that believed we were getting 2-3 steps is a fool or just very new to the company.

2. Yes, top of range is getting screwed. Working all year and not even getting a COLA while Fedex is making record profits is getting screwed. The way you close the gap is to give a step raise while simultaneously raising the steps to reflect the increase in the cost of living. FedEx has done it in the past. It doesn’t “ cost a fortune .” Even if it did, Fedex made 5 billion last year. That’s 5 fortunes by my count. Btw…how did the last raise put you between steps when all they did was raise all the steps by 2%?

Last edited:

fedx

Extra Large Package

Attachments

• Dick.jpg
    Dick.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 66

Working4the1%

Stop crying

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Well played, FedEx? FedEx didn't say anything. People decided they wanted two steps, then blew enough of their own smoke up their own asses to believe that there were actually going to get it. You can like or not like the pay action, but to act as though FedEx misled people into thinking they were going to get something that people took it upon themselves to dream up is just crazy.

!Retired!

Btw…how did the last raise put you between steps when all they did was raise all the steps by 2%?
Would top pay earners reaction have been any different if they got 1.3%?
Also, I was looking at the wrong column.
Stop crying
I'm not the one that's crying....pay attention
Well played, FedEx? FedEx didn't say anything. People decided they wanted two steps, then blew enough of their own smoke up their own asses to believe that there were actually going to get it. You can like or not like the pay action, but to act as though FedEx misled people into thinking they were going to get something that people took it upon themselves to dream up is just crazy.
Exactly....people went online and said 'My manager/SM/DM said we were getting X' and people believed them. Me, personally? I wouldn't care if Fred S called me up said 'Topped employees are getting X and everyone else is going up X steps'. I would shrug it off and I'd believe it when I saw it.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You just don't get it.

I never claimed Fed Ex said they would give two steps or more. Reread the post jack ass. I’m just pointing out that their strategy was well played to screw the topped out employees and keep the in range people from raising hell over one step. What would the fallout be a few senior people decide to retire early and get off the books. It was a despicable action by despicable company.

yadig

But there are so many people who felt that way, including myself. I woke up from that dream the first time I was screwed by the company. And haven’t been surprised since.
Same here. I’m not asking to get rich quick! Just a simple cost of living increase. It seems most companies are giving cola, pay raises. I still do a good job everyday. I promise I won’t do extra! I’m so pissed off at these greedy, ungrateful people! Could it be the company is actually in bad shape? Response didn’t help things either! Another dumbxxx move by FedEx and we’re gonna pay for it!

NC man

It’s not like we had a net loss for the year, far from it. They act like that 1k bonus was so awesome,lol. Retiring soon so good luck to the rest. Gonna be interesting what happens to this company next few years.

NC man

Yet they will just shake their heads and do nothing about it.

Two options ,stay on board or quit. This company doesn’t care if you quit. They think people are lining up to work here, they are not. Back in the day it was a desirable employer, not anymore by a long shot.

FX’D UP

It’s not like we had a net loss for the year, far from it. They act like that 1k bonus was so awesome,lol. Retiring soon so good luck to the rest. Gonna be interesting what happens to this company next few years.
Cash out the portable pension..ASAP FedEx and Fat Freddy and his half son ..will try to cancel it 5 years from now.. take the cash