It’s time I do something about this.

Hanz90

It’s been almost a month since I’ve been laid off as a ups driver. I was one of the best drivers out of all the casual drivers that started with me. They laid me off on the 26th day. I showed up early everyday to sort my truck to ensure I had a smooth day and to finish the route. Did whatever they asked me to do. I felt be littled. So tomorrow morning I’m going to put on my uniform and show up to my center ready to work. And to prove to them that I am serious to work regardless of the outcome. Regardless if they ask for my uniform and ID back. But at least I made the initiative to show UPS I am serious. But at the end they are going to look at me and laugh and think of me as just a number. But at the end of they day I will know that I gave it my all and at least I tried. So critizize me all you want. It’s up to me to determine my life and my future.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
So you worked off the clock?
I hope you never make senority.
People who work off the clock are in violation of the contract and should be thrown out of the union.

You weaken the union every second you work off the clock.

I wish they would fire people that work off the clock.

Hanz90

We don’t need people like you making the job harder cause you want to work for free...stay home , you have been discharged
So as a casual driver coming in early everyday to sort my truck and trying everything possible to make book makes the job harder? We don’t need people like you? Even the union told me to to do everything I can to make book. I was doing what I could to make book. Take your negativity and shove it.

Hanz90

We don’t need people like you making the job harder cause you want to work for free...stay home , you have been discharged
And I wasn’t discharged. I still have my uniform and ID. Though I don’t like working for free I did what I had to do. Senior guys even agreed. But once you’re in the union, they told me to not touch a single box if you’re off the clock. UPS loves when people work for free.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So as a casual driver coming in early everyday to sort my truck and trying everything possible to make book makes the job harder? We don’t need people like you? Even the union told me to to do everything I can to make book. I was doing what I could to make book. Take your negativity and shove it.
yes we all agree you have to take some shortcuts to qualify. because its an unrealistic job. no need to be rude.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It’s been almost a month since I’ve been laid off as a ups driver. I was one of the best drivers out of all the casual drivers that started with me.

We've heard that line before.

I showed up early everyday to sort my truck to ensure I had a smooth day and to finish the route.

Big no-no. Management sees you doing that and will expect it forever.

Not to mention it is in violation of union and labor laws.

So tomorrow morning I’m going to put on my uniform and show up to my center ready to work. And to prove to them that I am serious to work regardless of the outcome.

Can't hurt, but don't bet the farm on it working.