It Could Always Be Worse

bacha29

DuPont to end pension contribution for active employees

MFE and others complain about the FREE money the Portable gives us. At least you have that.
Doesn't matter how old you are or what company you work for retired or soon to retire trashing a retirement plan is just that simple to do. And your hero Fred S is not above doing it no matter how many rectal expeditions he has performed on you in the past. They can modify it terminate it or liquidate it with little notice. The only thing that matters is shareholder value and Smith isn't going to allow the well being of a " a good ol boy from down Bama way" get in the way.I have relatives who worked for or are retired from "Uncle Dupee" who like you believed that if you get into a Fortune 500 you're secure for life. This should serve as a wake up call to those who continue to cling to this antiquated belief.

Oldfart

Doesn't matter how old you are or what company you work for retired or soon to retire trashing a retirement plan is just that simple to do. And your hero Fred S is not above doing it no matter how many rectal expeditions he has performed on you in the past. They can modify it terminate it or liquidate it with little notice. The only thing that matters is shareholder value and Smith isn't going to allow the well being of a " a good ol boy from down Bama way" get in the way.I have relatives who worked for or are retired from "Uncle Dupee" who like you believed that if you get into a Fortune 500 you're secure for life. This should serve as a wake up call to those who continue to cling to this antiquated belief.
Better watch out. Your blow up doll might spring a leak and then what are you gonna do for companionship.

bacha29

Better watch out. Your blow up doll might spring a leak and then what are you gonna do for companionship.
Same as always when you can't refute the facts you then come up with remarks such as these wrongly believing that they will obscure the facts which they cannot do and never will do.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
6dab500ff13e1adfbc258f73557915c2.gif

Oldfart

Same as always when you can't refute the facts you then come up with remarks such as these wrongly believing that they will obscure the facts which they cannot do and never will do.
The facts are there. You are a bitter person who is filled with jealousy for anyone that has achieved any happiness. You hate the fact that others have succeeded while you have failed. Nearly every post you have contains the wording about "not having a contract". You don't even work for the company any more yet you worry and complain about most nearly every aspect of the company. You call me redneck and bigot and racist. I just consider the source. While I am about to head to the track and enjoy the festivities of the weekend, WHILE I am getting paid another of my many vacation days. You are worried about a company that you don't work for and take every opportunity to give out false information while trying to portray yourself as a great financial mind.

bacha29

The facts are there. You are a bitter person who is filled with jealousy for anyone that has achieved any happiness. You hate the fact that others have succeeded while you have failed. Nearly every post you have contains the wording about "not having a contract". You don't even work for the company any more yet you worry and complain about most nearly every aspect of the company. You call me redneck and bigot and racist. I just consider the source. While I am about to head to the track and enjoy the festivities of the weekend, WHILE I am getting paid another of my many vacation days. You are worried about a company that you don't work for and take every opportunity to give out false information while trying to portray yourself as a great financial mind.
You mentioned facts. Then disclose the facts that disproves what I have posted. You thought you could take events surrounding DuPont and there again a company YOU DON"T WORK FOR. and try to insert them into the debate in an effort to uphold and defend a company whose recent labor practices are constantly being challenged in court in a pointless and futile attempt to paint a positive image of it . You simply can't do it. More importantly THEY DON"T CARE . All that matters is the bottom line.As for a great financial mind. I do try to learn enough to make positive trades. You're just unhappy about the fact that your beloved company's stock was down graded . A clear testament to just how sensitive you are to any news that doesn't paint a rosy picture of your company even if it is indisputable fact.

Oldfart

You are correct. FDX stock is a dog. It is ONLY up $70 in the last year. Plenty of money to be made for us that bought in the low 40's and even some of us that bought at $142. Really big $$ for us that have some pre-split stock. Downgraded for long term but for those of us that like to buy low and sell high, it has been a "Winner winner. chicken dinner". Meanwhile you live on a diet of Mac and Cheese because you sold your stock way too soon because you hated the company so bad. A fool is born everyday. You prove that on every post you make spewing hatred.

bacha29

You are correct. FDX stock is a dog. It is ONLY up $70 in the last year. Plenty of money to be made for us that bought in the low 40's and even some of us that bought at $142. Really big $$ for us that have some pre-split stock. Downgraded for long term but for those of us that like to buy low and sell high, it has been a "Winner winner. chicken dinner". Meanwhile you live on a diet of Mac and Cheese because you sold your stock way too soon because you hated the company so bad. A fool is born everyday. You prove that on every post you make spewing hatred.
When the time comes to put principle ahead of profits I will gladly live on mac and cheese.

Oldfart

I worked 50 hrs this week for that "Free Money". And the week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that...... Free money my arse.
You work and they put in FREE money into the portable. 8% in my case and drawing 4%. Sounds like 12% of my hourly wage is given to me. I call that free money. Just like the 3.5% match on the 401k. Free money.

Last edited:

It will be fine

You work and they put in FREE money into the portable. 8% in my case and drawing 4%. Sounds like 12% of my hourly wage is given to me. I call that free money. Just like the 3.5% match on the 401k. Free money.
You seem confused. You work and they pay you. Stop working and see how much money they continue to deposit in your accounts. Portable contributions are part of your compensation. It's not free. I'm not their employee and they don't deposit anything into my retirement accounts, so they're not just giving it away.

bacha29

Let me try to get through to him It's not free money. It's called.......DEFERRED COMPENSATION.