Star B

White Lightening
really? it sounds like a couple of QA clerks were intentionally address correcting to the wrong address, the driver unknowingly DRing them per methods, and then the QA clerks/preload buddies going to get them.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's like the oldest "trick in the book" at UPS.

Do it once, you might get away with it.

$50,000 worth ?

Dumb enough.... to believe "it was" that smart.

(the perpetrators)

It's like UPS Security 101.

Last edited:

browntroll

samething happened in my building when i first started from what i heard it was a guy with a gambling problem
and was about to retire in 3 years. now loss prevention has to certify ppl to be able to print those labels, which is like 3
ppl from what ive seen not even supervisors are certified.

542thruNthru

really? it sounds like a couple of QA clerks were intentionally address correcting to the wrong address, the driver unknowingly DRing them per methods, and then the QA clerks/preload buddies going to get them.

Happened here as well. It was a drive, clerk and a supervisor.

wayfair

swollen member

Address correction packages are supposed to be "signature required"

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Address correction packages are supposed to be "signature required"
We are supposed to get a signature.

#metoo
I remember maybe 20 yrs ago that an address corrected pkg had to have a sig. Then about 5 yrs later, we were told we could dr them, I'm sure to reduce send agains. I guess every franchise is different.

They are going to get sent to an access point if no one's home.
Rather leave it at the "corrected" address than have someone deal with finding their package.
At least we can blame the clerk, not ourselves.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In 17 years, I've never looked at an address corrected package and said to myself "Damn, I got to get a signature" !!!
You deliver the box, get back in your truck and go. You are not held accountable because it was corrected.
If you get a message from the OMS or a followup, it's treated as a regular bad address and you retrieve it.