It is impossible to get to all my pick-ups on time!

Hroller

The latest FOTM at my center is getting to your p/u's within that 15 minute window....no earlier than 15 min....no later than 15 min of the scheduled time.

Okay I get it.

I have 36 pick-ups scheduled between 3pm and 5pm.
Now even if I start pick-ups 15 minutes early and run the last pick-up at 5:15pm, that gives me 150 minutes. Simple math gives me a little over 4 minutes per pick-up. Even the pickups that are next to each other, it takes 2+ minutes to drive there.

I have MANY bulk pick-ups, some take 5-10 minutes....other pick-ups are hit or miss. one or two packages....to 40+ 50lb packages on other days, with no help. That can take 20 minutes. for ONE stop!

I talked to dispatch and my supes......no help there!

Only thing I can do to make an 80% compliance is to fudge the numbers. Same thing I do to get off my unreasonable dailyl NDA dispatch.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Do your best and don't worry about it. Don't fudge anything. Keep sups and shop steward in the loop. Perhaps you need some pick up help?

Do your best and don't worry about it. Don't fudge anything. Keep sups and shop steward in the loop. Perhaps you need some pick up help?
15 minutes ain't nothing.
berry_1.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Tell them to change pickup times on them all. Tell them to split all the pickups into 30 minute intervals. Have 10 at 30 min mark, 10 at 30 min mark, etc. This way you can easily hit a 15 min window for each. Its possible, we have a guy who runs the outlets and he was getting banged for the pickup compliance. It was actually my idea i brought to the supe with the guy standing there at same time. Both of them were like thats a good idea dude, i was like yea i know i just play really stupid lmfao.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
friend. --pickup compliance. I'd put them all at 6 pm in the board. If you can't. You know Damn well they can't. You are picking them up. It really is not a worry. Unless you make it one

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ridiculous and impossible expectations are management's problem, not yours. If they want compliance, they can adjust the scheduled times to reflect the reality of how long it actually takes to do the work. Or not. You get paid the same either way.

BrownTexas

The latest FOTM at my center is getting to your p/u's within that 15 minute window....no earlier than 15 min....no later than 15 min of the scheduled time.

Okay I get it.

I have 36 pick-ups scheduled between 3pm and 5pm.
Now even if I start pick-ups 15 minutes early and run the last pick-up at 5:15pm, that gives me 150 minutes. Simple math gives me a little over 4 minutes per pick-up. Even the pickups that are next to each other, it takes 2+ minutes to drive there.

I have MANY bulk pick-ups, some take 5-10 minutes....other pick-ups are hit or miss. one or two packages....to 40+ 50lb packages on other days, with no help. That can take 20 minutes. for ONE stop!

I talked to dispatch and my supes......no help there!

Only thing I can do to make an 80% compliance is to fudge the numbers. Same thing I do to get off my unreasonable dailyl NDA dispatch.
Fudging numbers is a great way to get unemployed. Can't wait to see your next thread "I got fired for dishonesty. Now what?"

ManInBrown

Haven't heard a peep about pick-up compliance here in months. I don't even think they care about it anymore. As long as the pick-up gets made

clean hairy

"say boss, instead of screaming at me about missing pickups, ride with me tomorrow, and demonstrate how to make all pickups within the timeframe allocated"
Problem now in Managments hands to resolve.