It seems like the drivers are giving me more problem than the supervisors.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The car washers/drivers sometimes completely unload the package cars (which is my job), aren't they forbidden from doing my work? It's very annoying, they are taking money out of my pockets, and I have bills to pay and driving lessons to pay for. I think it is the car washer guys. I have no idea why they are doing it, I think it's because they need the package car to be emptied so they can leave or something, idk. But I know it's for their benefits. My shop steward is nothing but tampon, he's a good guy, but he's too soft. The drivers are really really cool, but I don't want to offend any of them. What should I do?

S

serenity now

The car washers/drivers sometimes completely unload the package cars (which is my job), aren't they forbidden from doing my work? It's very annoying, they are taking money out of my pockets, and I have bills to pay and driving lessons to pay for. I think it is the car washer guys. I have no idea why they are doing it, I think it's because they need the package car to be emptied so they can leave or something, idk. But I know it's for their benefits. My shop steward is nothing but tampon, he's a good guy, but he's too soft. The drivers are really really cool, but I don't want to offend any of them. What should I do?

driving lessons?

Indecisi0n

There are times I am told to pull the truck into the shop turn, turn it off and leave it at the door (without even pulling it into a parking spot).

UPSGUY72

Car washers are allowed to unload cars. Apparently they want to get there job doing ( ie washing the car and parking it in the right spot ) In my building there are 120 routes on any given day. All the car need to be off loaded and the trailers need to be reloaded by around 9 and the line needs to be set for following day. We have a FT pre load that start some where between 11:00 and 12:00 pm.

In my building if a driver comes back after 6:30 he has to drive to the Air Trailer and unload his air and international so they can be sorted before 8:00. Then they either pull into the building and park or park out back and let the car washers park the cars. If the driver parks in the building he needs to off load any smalls and if pulls into the building before 6:30 he can for go the Air trailer and place his NDA and International on the belts also. Almost forgot if he has any high values above $5000 they need to be brought to the HV person first.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Seems to me, this might happen more on Thursdays and Fridays
The next day, a lot of routes get cut so the car washer probably wants the pickups and send agains off the car so he can gas it and park it outside.

Kind of makes sense if you think of it that way, but anyways car washers are Teamsters so they are allowed to move packages so I think you are out of luck.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
File a grievance. That's your work. Management always comes up with :censored2: ideas of remaking the clock. A grievance will put it in writing and force your local to make a stand...hopefully in your favor.

Howe909

i would work faster so u can unload the trucks or work slower to off set them working either way once u got to 3.5 hours ur done when theres no work... u cant count on getting anything more so if u are its not taking money from ur pockets

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I would still file a grievance, guarantee or not. That's still unload's work. If they say you've got your guarantee, then obviously, they need to hire more unloaders. How about the clerk work? What about Haz-Mat? What about the maintenance work? Can the drivers do that too, if management tells them too? File a grievance.