It's a girl!!!

Thebrownstreak

Just felt like sharing. Our 3rd and final child will be a girl. We currently have a 8 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. Looks like I need to start saving for 2 weddings now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congratulations. My daughter just got married and with donated services included the bill was $22K. The tradition of the family of the bride paying for the whole thing has changed so you may have 3 weddings to pay all or part of.

bbsam

Staff member
Congratulations! We have two sons and a daughter. The day we found out we were having a daughter was a strange one for me. We went in for the ultrasound and secretly I was hoping for a daughter because I thought my wife wanted one. The technician said she saw absolutely nothing to suggest a boy (literally) and to my surprise, I was the one floating out of the office with uncontained happiness. I still can't put a finger on the difference between father/son, father/daughter relationship though. I love all three ("all the way up to God" as my 5 year old puts it), but there is something different (more protective?) with my little 'Livvy Lu Who.:happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The technician said she saw absolutely nothing to suggest a boy (literally)...

Like father, like son?

I still can't put a finger on the difference between father/son, father/daughter relationship though.

You will the day you walk her down the aisle and then dance with her on her wedding day.

bbsam

Staff member
Now, Upstate, I was having a tender memory and you had to come along with that?! Thanks. I was almost in tears of remembered joy.:happy2:

Daughters love their dads. I guess sons do, but they will never tell you. Complex relationship / that father-son deal.

It's only complex if the Father makes it complex. Men ,unfortunately, seem to have this built in aversion to telling another male that they love them. This should be done to ones son every bit as often that one might tell a daughter. I know that my father loves me but he's the old school WWII vet who followed the above theme. Once I had my son I knew I never wanted him to wonder how I felt about him so from day one I told him I loved him and haven't stopped since. Now he's 10 and my youngest son is 4 and both have no problem expressing their feelings. It falls on your shoulders Mom and Dad. Start them out right.

Congrats to the OP.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bedtime prayers, tucking kids in at night and kissing them goodnight is a ritual that makes an indelible mark on kids and they will do it with their kids because it's what they remember. Congrats!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My Mom once told me, a daughter is a daughter all your life, a son is a son til he takes a wife. That is what she experienced.
Congrats on your soon to be new bundle of joy!