It's a wrap........

I GOT ONE MORE

Retired about 30 days ago, after 30 years driving.
Could not have got out at a better time.
Each day gets better than the last.
Moving from a messed up blue state, to a state with no income tax and a big lake with fish and recreation.
Oh, and beer.

Attachments

• 119917902_2229975770481881_8044859652503552128_n.jpg
    119917902_2229975770481881_8044859652503552128_n.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 85

rod

Retired 22 years
Good for you. Enjoy the hell out of retirement. It still boggles my mind why anyone would want to do one more day at UPS after they were qualified to retire.

rod

Retired 22 years
Congratulations!
What are you looking at doing to stay active?
Believe me---staying active in retirement is way different that staying active during your work career. I can kill 3 or 4 hours doing the simplest task. I took the trash out at 7:30 this morning (we don't dare leave it in the container at the end of the road all week because of the stupid bears so it is stored in the garage) and now its after 10:30 and so far today I've----taken the trash out.

ManInBrown

Moving from a messed up blue state, to a state with no income tax and a big lake with fish and recreation.
Oh, and beer.
Congrats. Enjoy retirement. Just had lunch yesterday with buddy who retired 6 months ago after 33 years.

Shiftless

Oh, and beer.

Welcome to the retirement club! Been gone 15 years myself!

What state did you work in? And where is the cool state you now live in?

clean hairy

Good for you. Enjoy the hell out of retirement. It still boggles my mind why anyone would want to do one more day at UPS after they were qualified to retire.
If a spouse has a serious health condition, continuing to work and keep the health insurance would be an excellent reason.

quad decade guy

If a spouse has a serious health condition, continuing to work and keep the health insurance would be an excellent reason.

Interesting....up until about a month ago, I'd go into work with a "don't care" attitude. Something like "give me any reason to quit"...

Then my wife gets diagnosed with breast cancer. Now, I find myself being extra careful like in my rook days with say a new child. Weird.

I can't imagine retiring until at least she is clear for a year and her treatment will be that long. Now, I've been nibbling at type 2 diabetes and

wondering how that will affect the whole situation. So far, NOT retiring has been a GOOD move. As I compose this, the feelings and

pressures of being a family provider, husband and dad have come full circle. Weird.

vvv

Interesting....up until about a month ago, I'd go into work with a "don't care" attitude. Something like "give me any reason to quit"...

Then my wife gets diagnosed with breast cancer. Now, I find myself being extra careful like in my rook days with say a new child. Weird.

I can't imagine retiring until at least she is clear for a year and her treatment will be that long. Now, I've been nibbling at type 2 diabetes and

wondering how that will affect the whole situation. So far, NOT retiring has been a GOOD move. As I compose this, the feelings and

pressures of being a family provider, husband and dad have come full circle. Weird.

Wow brother, that's tough to hear and wish you both all the best moving forward.

We all should be able to enjoy some easy peaceful times of fun and happiness after putting in so much time and going thru the grind at this place. Needless to say your situation isn't funny, but it's funny in me reading thru your opening line and knowing I/we have the age and years locked in and you develop an even stronger edge in not giving a crap even more so if it were possible, and that we can pretty much walk in any day and say to them "you know what, I've had enough....I'm done".
But now things take a turn and you have to wait things out a bit longer.

Hoping you both get back on track health wise very soon and you can retire with a stress free peace of mind in doing so and be comfortable. Best wishes!!

brett636

We have more than a few drivers who can’t afford to retire. Own too big of a house alongside multiple car payments and little to no savings. When they realize their income gets cut by 2/3rds they don’t want to leave.