It's all over!

oldngray

nowhere special
yogi-berra-17.png

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
No budget for seasonals and uniforms. Seems ups has hitched their trailer to the PVD train and it’s failing miserably.

My center has never had a single PVD until this year. This year over 10% of the workforce is PVD. They can’t even come close to fitting everything in their Honda Civic. They can’t get delivered what they can fit. It’s just a disaster.
Yeah, but do you have GMC Jimmy’s on 20’s? If not.....you really don’t have any PVD’s.

Alamo Joe

I deliver all my committed NDA first even if management tells me to do it on trace.Customers are expecting it.Some even take the day off. Sure it is 15 to 30 minutes late but better than getting it later.

Package Stick

"Send it."
In 2015 UPS proved that they are more than capable of adequately preparing and staffing for peak. Most of us in my center were clocking out before dark almost every day that peak. When that peak was over UPS complained about being overstaffed and not making enough money and had us out a little bit later the following peak but still earlier than the previous decades before.

Since then I have noticed they have been slowly creeping back to the old way of doing things. They rarely learn their lesson. And if they do they forget about it rather quickly. UPS was wrongfully blamed for the debacle in 2014 but this time around it will be 100% corporate’s fault.

The district manager was in our hub verbally assaulting the on car supervisors and center managers for all of the packages that had been stacked throughout the hub because there was literally no room in any of the trucks, rentals, or PVD vehicles. While wearing his $500 suit of course.

I think the corporate and IE monkeys are starting to get nervous because they realize they are likely going to have to brown up soon. LOL
They're harassing the package handlers too. I had a FT sup come over and tell me to speed it up, I just stared at them. Something something demonstrated performance. I can demonstrate I can lift boxes?

clean hairy

No budget for seasonals and uniforms. Seems ups has hitched their trailer to the PVD train and it’s failing miserably.

My center has never had a single PVD until this year. This year over 10% of the workforce is PVD. They can’t even come close to fitting everything in their Honda Civic. They can’t get delivered what they can fit. It’s just a disaster.
Don't you really like the ones who deliver in the area they live in?
"I know this area like the back of my hand!"
Then, they cannot find half the streets they are to deliver to!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I deliver all my committed NDA first even if management tells me to do it on trace.Customers are expecting it.Some even take the day off. Sure it is 15 to 30 minutes late but better than getting it later.

Again, while I appreciate your devotion to customer service, you need to work as directed. Run straight air until 10:30 and then deliver the rest in trace.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Talki g to a few preload sups last night and we are over a day behind. I heard some trucks came back yesterday almost fully loaded with undelivered packages.

Much fewer rentals this year in my hub, and none of them have shelves. In automotive they are being cheap with the hours and the hub is short at least 5 trucks a night and they won't give us time to fix the redtags.

These package cars are held together with mostly thoughts and prayers after years of putting everything off. If they had any sense they would give us overtime in the summer and have us go through these trucks and heavily load the PMs toward that time a year and that way we can spend peak putting out fires and doing minor fixes to keep all the package cars in the line.

over9five

Staff member
If they had any sense they would give us overtime in the summer and have us go through these trucks and heavily load the PMs toward that time a year and that way we can spend peak putting out fires and doing minor fixes to keep all the package cars in the line.
You'll never make it into management talking all logical like that!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In 2015 UPS proved that they are more than capable of adequately preparing and staffing for peak. Most of us in my center were clocking out before dark almost every day that peak. When that peak was over UPS complained about being overstaffed and not making enough money and had us out a little bit later the following peak but still earlier than the previous decades before.

Since then I have noticed they have been slowly creeping back to the old way of doing things. They rarely learn their lesson. And if they do they forget about it rather quickly. UPS was wrongfully blamed for the debacle in 2014 but this time around it will be 100% corporate’s fault.

The district manager was in our hub verbally assaulting the on car supervisors and center managers for all of the packages that had been stacked throughout the hub because there was literally no room in any of the trucks, rentals, or PVD vehicles. While wearing his $500 suit of course.

I think the corporate and IE monkeys are starting to get nervous because they realize they are likely going to have to brown up soon. LOL
Actually you have to look at how much more volume we are running now and how tight the labor market is in some areas.

barnyard

KTM rider
Reports suggest that online shopping this year is even greater than last year. And that this year's growth was bigger than other year's growth. I am not sure how to plan or build for 20% growth. We have sent routes to other buildings because we are outgrowing our current building. The FNN suggests that we are 3 years away from a new building.

Right now, we are loading very close to a full pup for PVDs and temp drivers and running that after everyone leaves.

El Correcto

god is dead

This really is the take away from this year. PVDs are okay, but they shouldn’t be your main plan.

We’ve had multiple PVDs quit and just leave. One was on disability and quit once his disability ended, supervisors are losing their minds over these guys.

clean hairy

This really is the take away from this year. PVDs are okay, but they shouldn’t be your main plan.

We’ve had multiple PVDs quit and just leave. One was on disability and quit once his disability ended, supervisors are losing their minds over these guys.
The person was collecting disability, but able to deliver boxes?
Am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why the PVD idea sucks. Her Kia is full, 120 packages won’t fit in it. This doesn’t show the Oversizes still on my car. Paying three people to deliver one subdivision. Brilliant planning.

B93D135A-B3C3-4648-A102-39F777F4297A.jpeg