It's all over!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I meant to tag you earlier. How you guys looking this year?

Actually we are in good shape. No weather problems, Next Day Airs are on time. Lots of rentals with veteran drivers in them, a Safety Committee member came bailed out my PVD this afternoon. I usually get my last stops off by dark, which is fine with me. I don't care about overtime. My biggest gripe is wasting a lot of my time babysitting my PVD. She wants to work, just doesn't have the vehicle to do it. I meet her and dump everything in a parking lot, and I have to load half of it back up until she comes meets me again. I have to deliver her oversizes too, I probably waste an hour of my time everyday.

PT Car Washer

Actually we are in good shape. No weather problems, Next Day Airs are on time. Lots of rentals with veteran drivers in them, a Safety Committee member came bailed out my PVD this afternoon. I usually get my last stops off by dark, which is fine with me. I don't care about overtime. My biggest gripe is wasting a lot of my time babysitting my PVD. She wants to work, just doesn't have the vehicle to do it. I meet her and dump everything in a parking lot, and I have to load half of it back up until she comes meets me again. I have to deliver her oversizes too, I probably waste an hour of my time everyday.
We are dark around 5:00 PM. How are you getting done that early during Peak? They don't make you help other drivers?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We are dark around 5:00 PM. How are you getting done that early during Peak? They don't make you help other drivers?
Sun sets at 5:30 here, I have a little light until six. I'm averaging 190 stops and 80 miles on my route. I have only gone over 9/5 once in months, that was last night when I had to bail out my PVD like I do every day. When my HUB went under a couple of years ago, I heard it cost $5M to bail it out. We seem to have enough help now. Volume dropped a little bit today. I'm glad its my last one.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Gives you a big sense of power when you just don't care anymore what ever they try to threaten you with. I will just retire and make the same money sitting at home.

Yeap, it felt good a few years back when I hit full pension. If I got fired for something it would be nothing but a blessing is the way I look at it. I'm finalizing my plans now, I just need to pick a date.

Re-Raise

Sun sets at 5:30 here, I have a little light until six. I'm averaging 190 stops and 80 miles on my route. I have only gone over 9/5 once in months, that was last night when I had to bail out my PVD like I do every day. When my HUB went under a couple of years ago, I heard it cost $5M to bail it out. We seem to have enough help now. Volume dropped a little bit today. I'm glad its my last one.
Wow! I had 196 stops, 396 pkgs and 212 miles today. I was the fourth driver back to my small center out of 30 drivers at a little less than 12 hrs.

rod

Retired 22 years
Because I actually enjoy the job most days. Gave me 25 rural stops out in the country today after running air. 50 degrees and sunshine in a rental listing to the Impeachment hearings. Not ready for the rocking chair on the front porch yet.
Seriously? Listening to the impeachment hearings? Damn-you are more friend'ed up than I even imagined:-)

rod

Retired 22 years
Ups will have the worst peak in history.

We will lose important customers because they aren't servicing NDA.

Day 3 of December and we have mostly all failed already.

Fedex was smart and dumped amazon, Ups needs to wise up.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U sucks.

That is all.

UPS hasn't serviced NDA during peak for forever. There are no commits during peak as far as I know---unless things changed

Overpaid Union Thug

That's Keyshawn, my 17 year old Helper that doesn't own a car. I don't know how anybody can walk so slow. I could do better without a Helper, but I don't have the choice.
I’ve been refusing helpers so far. And, to my surprise, haven’t heard or received the usual “you are instructed to use a helper” BS I’ve usually heard by this time.

Rack em

Made the Podium
UPS hasn't serviced NDA during peak for forever. There are no commits during peak as far as I know---unless things changed
The last week of peak they relax the commit times an hour and a half I believe. But right now we are getting NDA and holding it all for the next day. No NDA is being serviced on the day it's supposed to be delivered. Customers expecting critical care packages aren't happy about it.

rod

Retired 22 years
The last week of peak they relax the commit times an hour and a half I believe. But right now we are getting NDA and holding it all for the next day. No NDA is being serviced on the day it's supposed to be delivered. Customers expecting critical care packages aren't happy about it.
There might be some "fake" commit times to get the drivers to speed up but what I'm saying is in the fine print a shipper has no recourse (can't get a refund) if an air package is delivered late between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Unless this has changed since I retired.